Intel Pentium vs. AMD Ryzen 3 Performance For Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Guys, the first rule of dealing with trolls is don't engage them. Seriously, did it take you that many comments to figure out what was going on?
    Yes, the fact that the idiot puts a smiling face after every second sentence is enough to show that it's a troll. Oh how I wish blocklist were working on this site.

Comment

I'm sure by now someone must have pointed out that gaming benchmarks for all intents and purposes don't matter any more, seeing how the price of video cards from both vendors has skyrocketed to the point where pc gaming, if not already dead, will soon be dead and buried.

Honestly, I don't think there is any hope, short of Nvidia and AMD drastically ramping up production, and I don't think that will happen so...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

We don't earn that money - AFAIK the retailers/distributors are marking up the cards, not us.
        But still you guys sell the maximum amounts of cards possible at the moment. Maybe producing some more to get back to a normal price but selling even more could be the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
          But still you guys sell the maximum amounts of cards possible at the moment. Maybe producing some more to get back to a normal price but selling even more could be the deal.
          The problem is that maximum, minimum and actual are all pretty much the same. We work out allocations from the fabs far in advance (a year or more IIRC) and there is relatively little room for adjustment after that even if the market could take more.
          Last edited by bridgman; 30 January 2018, 12:42 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

The problem is that maximum, minimum and actual are all pretty much the same. We work out allocations from the fabs far in advance (a year or more IIRC) and there is relatively little room for adjustment after that even if the market could take more.
            Lisa Su seems to be blaming the 3rd party memory manufacturers rather than saying that you can't ramp up production on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Lisa Su seems to be blaming the 3rd party memory manufacturers rather than saying that you can't ramp up production on your end.
              Yeah, not sure whose fab is the limiting factor right now - could be memory rather than the GPU itself. In both cases we depend on third party fabs.
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X