Intel Pentium vs. AMD Ryzen 3 Performance For Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I am behind what? It is author's thing to name or rename their drivers the way they want.

Same way, i call driver here by suite in comparison with another suite... and i see nothing wrong if i say amdgpu vs nvidia really
    amdgpu is a perfectly fine name if that's what it's called. There is a kernel driver called that as well as a modesetting driver and if you are talking about either of those things specifically then that's what its name is. But mesa isn't called that anywhere at all. Not even in one single place. And mesa is where the open source graphics stack implements its graphics API's like OpenGL and Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

amdgpu is a perfectly fine name if that's what it's called. There is a kernel driver called that as well as a modesetting driver and if you are talking about either of those things specifically then that's what its name is. But mesa isn't called that anywhere at all. Not even in one single place. And mesa is where the open source graphics stack implements its graphics API's like OpenGL and Vulkan.
      I know that but i don't care... do you know how Windows window server is called? It is called Hummingbird, but no one cares and i don't too

We use X or W, they have Hummingbird and again who cares

Driver is patched for NT version this or that, but please driver vendor support my Hummingbird version too... no one talks like this as no one care People just says driver suite this or that and that is about it

One year they get Catalyst, then Crimson, other year they say Adrenalin... if here Linux or Mesa get renamed that is OK, i don't care again

ATi was renamed to AMD, who cares
      Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

We care, otherwise we wouldnt be on this site.
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          We care, otherwise we wouldnt be on this site.
          So what is your suggestion? amdgpu vs nvidia sounds most short and proper to me.

DRI driver Radeonsi and RadV with a help of LLVM and also Mesa, together with entire Linux and his drivers but mainly amd driver infrastructure, all compiled with GNU is Not UNIX CC and right flags, plus minus Bugzillas, GIT and PPAs, etc... vs nvidia, sounds a lot like confusion

For ATI Technologies Inc. people says ATi, for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. people says AMD, etc... what is wrong if for Wayland i say W? X or W?
          Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

So what is your suggestion? amdgpu vs nvidia sounds most short and proper to me.

DRI driver Radeonsi and RadV with a help of LLVM and also Mesa, together with entire Linux and his drivers but mainly amd driver infrastructure, all compiled with GNU is Not UNIX CC and right flags, plus minus Bugzillas, GIT and PPAs, etc... vs nvidia, sounds a lot like confusion

For ATI Technologies Inc. people says ATi, for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. people says AMD, etc... what is wrong if for Wayland i say W? X or W?
            Just say what your talking about. If you're talking about radeonsi, say radeonsi. If what your talking about is amdgpu then say amdgpu. If what your talking about is mesa, then say mesa. It really is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Just say what your talking about. If you're talking about radeonsi, say radeonsi. If what your talking about is amdgpu then say amdgpu. If what your talking about is mesa, then say mesa. It really is that simple.
              Tux drivers for Red and Green graphic cards with Blue vs Grey-Orange CPUs on distro previosly being shitty Brown but now seems Purple... still i don't care, maybe i am daltonist
              Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Ok, but why is there vomit on the left board? https://www.phoronix.net/image.php?i...u_gaming1_show

Comment

Originally posted by heliosh View Post
                  Ok, but why is there vomit on the left board? https://www.phoronix.net/image.php?i...u_gaming1_show
                  I'm pretty sure it's just a cammo pattern.

Comment

@AMD: What is wrong with you? For a few weeks / months the prices for 560 / 570 /580 were at least almost back to its original level.

Now I'd need to pay 330 € for a 570 and 350 € for a 580? Instead of whining crypto miners buy your cards you should be happy to earn that much money! And at the same time you should make sure to deliver!

For 1,5 years I got a 480 running very nice due to the work of the devs working at Mesa and AMDGPU. In fact I wanted to buy a 7 nm GPU when the time has come. But please fix this awkward situation ASAP! The Linux AMD GPU usage will decline even if the driver stack situation is perfect if you don't react!

Comment

AMD, is there at least FullHD version of this Adrenalin Pro i want it as wallpaper There were some PRO walpapers like that somewhere on your site, does anyone have a link?

Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X