Intel Pentium vs. AMD Ryzen 3 Performance For Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Ok, so you know amdgpu is a kernel driver right?
    I know, but i don't care call it as you like, rename it if you wish... fork whatever you want any other day i don't care about that too

Fork your brain too, otherwise please try to focus on anything, can you? When i say nvidia driver i think of its entire suite and when i say amdgpu i think of its entire driver suite represented here, blah, blah .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I know, but i don't care call it as you like, rename it if you wish... fork whatever you want any other day i don't care about that too

Fork your brain too, otherwise please try to focus on anything, can you? When i say nvidia driver i think of its entire suite and when i say amdgpu i think of its entire driver suite represented here, blah, blah .
      Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Radeonsi is the OpenGL driver and Radv is the Vulkan driver. That is how it is. Whether you like it or not. They are both part of mesa and that is where multithreading optimization takes place. It has nothing to do with amdgpu at all.

Comment

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Radeonsi is the OpenGL driver and Radv is the Vulkan driver.
        And who care about that, i don't. You can rename that any other day and what, i wouldn't care again.

That is how it is. Whether you like it or not.
        So what? it is amdgpu driver suite again.

They are both part of mesa and that is where multithreading optimization takes place.
        So what? Brian Paul might rename Mesa any day, AMD could rename these drivers inside project any day... so who cares

It doesn't have nothing to do with amdgpu at all.
        Ha, ha, you are crazy

Comment

And who care about that, i don't. You can rename that any other day and what, i wouldn't care again.

So what? it is amdgpu driver suite again.

So what? Brian Paul might rename Mesa any day, AMD could rename these drivers inside project any day... so who cares

Ha, ha, you are crazy
          Well, at least I can feel confident knowing anybody can read this and see how ignorant you are. I did try though.....

ig·no·rant
          ˈiɡnərənt/
          adjective

lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

"they were ignorant of astronomy"
          synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about
          Last edited by duby229; 24 January 2018, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Well, at least I can feel confident knowing anybody can read this and see how ignorant you are. I did try though.....
            I don't care again really There are thousands drivers and their names just in a kernel alone and i don't really care about their names, since their authors can rename these any day and i don't care about that too

Linux kernel is just a kernel, who cares about drivers really Yes there are a lot of these and we all care, but who cares really when you don't as i user never use vast majority of these drivers.

Do you think i need to know names of all thousands of drivers there for some reason? Nope, i don't care
            Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I don't care again really There are thousands drivers and their names just in a kernel alone and i don't really care about their names, since their authors can rename these any day and i don't care about that too

Linux kernel is just a kernel, who cares about drivers really Yes there are a lot of these and we all care, but who cares really when you don't as i user never use vast majority of these drivers.
              I get it, ignorant and proud of it. You should have just said that in your first post here so I could have ignored you. But you know, if you don't care to know, then you're not gonna know. Insisting that you're right on this when you've already admitted that you don't know and don't care to know is fairly wrong.

Comment

I get it, ignorant and proud of it. You should have just said that in your first post here so I could have ignored you. But you know, if you don't care to know, then you're not gonna know. Insisting that you're right on this when you've already admitted that you don't know and don't care to know is fairly wrong.
                Most computer users are just like that, they don't care about many drivers let alone about their names.

They might care about couple of these they currently use but that is about it, end of story. Driver name this, driver name that... who cares?

Here we see nvidia driver suite against amdgpu driver suite... i think i said that correctly
                Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Most computer users are just like that, they don't care about many drivers let alone about their names.

They might care about couple of these they currently use but that is about it, end of story. Driver name this, driver name that... who cares?

Here we see nvidia driver suite against amdgpu driver suite... i think i said that correctly
                  nope, not even close. So I think now it's pretty obvious who's been spreading misinformation and confusion about OSS driver naming conventions. There have been at least a dozen people posting on this forum that confused amdgpu with radeonsi. Now I suspect you're behind that.
                  Last edited by duby229; 24 January 2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Both seem to destroy that stupid bulldozer APU that was featured a few days ago, as expected.

Comment

So I think now it's pretty obvious who's been spreading misinformation and confusion about OSS driver naming conventions. There have been at least a dozen people posting on this forum that confused amdgpu with radeonsi. Now I suspect you're behind that.
                      I am behind what? It is author's thing to name or rename their drivers the way they want.

Same way, i call driver here by suite in comparison with another suite... and i see nothing wrong if i say amdgpu vs nvidia really, does that hurts your feelings maybe?

Comment

Working...
                      X