No announcement yet.

ASUS PRIME Z370-A Running Great On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have "Intel" RAM for my Ryzen 1600 which is supposed to support 2666Mhz, but my computer fails to boot with anything above default 2133.
    Kind of annoying, but I can live with that.

Comment

Is it still possible to turn of Secure Boot on this motherboard and / or load my own (unsigned) compiled kernels?

Comment

Is it still possible to turn off Secure Boot on this motherboard? Is it still possible to load unsigned kernels that I compiled myself?

Comment

Hi phoronix,

I was really glad to find your post. I have searched the net for a few days and your post is the only one I have located where someone is actually using the z370 chipset on an Asus board with linux. I have been researching ASUS motherboards for a linux build for myself. I use Debian Stretch currently but that could also change. I like to try new operating systems. I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind.

My first question is this --- If linux works on one mobo with the z370 chipset, will it work on another with the same ease? And I am referring to Asus boards when I ask that. I have been looking at the Asus ROG Maximus X apex. Did you have to install some obscure driver for the chipset to work or did it work out of the box? I have never used an Asus board, but am really wanting to build with one. These new boards look awesome. The processor I am going to buy is the i7-8700k. Also which linux OS are you using?

Thanks in advance, JennC

Comment

Working...
          X