X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templeicons
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    You can use the 2nd bios to boot, did you try that? If you don't manage it normally exchange those 2 chips which are on the board.
    Hi i have looked at this but cannot see they are removable?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    You can use the 2nd bios to boot, did you try that? If you don't manage it normally exchange those 2 chips which are on the board.

Leave a comment:

• Templeicons
    replied
    gigabyte ga k8ns pro

would not get past post to recognise floppy?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Just flash again using DOS.

Leave a comment:

• Templeicons
    replied
    Gigabyte ga - kns pro

Hi again done the clearing bios 3 or 4 ties, taken out battery measured voltage , shorted battery terminals for one minuite, , no joy, taken battery out and left it out for 20 mins, no joy same post getting stuck on please wait for raid configuration flashing. i pluged in an Adapted 1210a pci sata raid card and connected the drives, it is the only thing that gets past the flashing bios configuration line in post, and i succesfully created a raid array, but because the bios is not allowing access to the cddvd rom,or the floppy disk i cannot run windows onto it, so i have installed the adaptec card and sata drives, in another pc, and i will set up basic updated windows on it and see if i can install it back in the ga kns pro mother board, drastic, but i am hoping i could boot into windows and sort something out there, any other ideas of comments on pitfalls i might encounter that you know about would be much appreciated, faithfully Robert

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Maybe remove hds or just do a cmos clear via jumper.

Leave a comment:

• Templeicons
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Use a PS2 keyboard if you can not enter the BIOS.
    Hi it has a ps2 wired keyboard attatched, when i press delete to enter bios setup the post just stops and flashes please wait for raid configuration, and i think the keyboard is ok because, if i proceed with the f1 option after the checksum error, it still hangs in the same place, but then ctrl alt del restarts the computer, i removed the battery and eactly the same post runs, without battery, i have tested this and it shows 2.7 volts, i tested on a pro multimeter, any ideas? cheers

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Use a PS2 keyboard if you can not enter the BIOS.

Leave a comment:

• Templeicons
    replied
    Gigabyte GA-K8NS pro motherboard @bios flash problem

Hi i have exactly the same problem, i installed two sata hardrives on the silicone image raid option, got it all working with widows xp pro, updated all windows and the gigabyte motherboard, then i was going to install windows xp 64 and thought i would update the bios as there was a new update, 14c, my motherboard showed at post f13, so i ran @bios, internet update facility, it started automatically flashing the bios, and then at 50 per cent approx, a small box came up with bios update failed, i restarted, and dual boot atomatically kicked in and started the computer normally, so then i turn the computer off and on, and after the ide detection, it says checksum error bios defaults loaded, then F1 to go forward, press F1and it hangs after the gigaraid detection, and flashes please wait for raid configuration. I just ran post without a motherboard battery, and it went through the same procedure, as it hangs here, the dvd rom does not come up,and does not respond to entering the bios, did you ever get any further with this fault faithfully Robert

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well you can even switch the 2 bios roms - they are both in sockets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X