Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sandy Bridge Era Motherboard Now Supported By Coreboot

Phoronix: Another Sandy Bridge Era Motherboard Now Supported By Coreboot

The Sapphire Pure Platinum H61 is the latest motherboard to be supported by mainline Coreboot for replacing the board's proprietary BIOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How exciting. This is new enough (and I have an i5 laying around somewhere for this socket) that I'll probably end up buying a board if I can find one and have my first coreboot board. Hardware hacking ftw!

Comment

My GA-Z77X-UD3H was released in early 2012, the latest BIOS is still in beta. I frequently get system lockups in Linux, Windows and even my BIOS if I plug devices into my VIA USB controller. I really wish I could replace it with coreboot some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
        the latest BIOS is still in beta.
        That only means they had to push a fix for something by sidestepping quality control team, not that there will ever be a release.

I'm probably very biased, but considering VIA's track record in total shit controllers and chipsets full of quirks, I think it's more likely to be a hardware issue you can't fix.

Comment

Working...
        X