Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepan
    replied
    Very please will be worked for me out of the box on Ubuntu LAN Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN controller supports ASUS LANGuard Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard?

Leave a comment:

• efikkan
    replied
    No Intel LAN? No deal!

S/PDIF or Coaxial digital audio would be nice as well…

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by castlefox View Post
    Thanks for doing this write up. I have always heard that Gigabyte is unfriendly with linux.
    Bluntly that's a load of crap.

Gigabyte boards work just fine with Linux and always have, this machine and every other desktop in this house is a testament to that fact. What people got fussy over is that Gigabyte doesn't officially support Linux, and their customer service reps will tell you to run Windows. Thing is though... NONE of the MoBo manufacturers officially supports Linux, so whining about that is just bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• castlefox
    replied
    Thanks for doing this write up. I have always heard that Gigabyte is unfriendly with linux.

Leave a comment:

• AndyChow
    replied
    Probably the sensors don't work. I have a ASUS sabertooth motherboard, has tons of temp sensors on the board, but you can only read most of them by using the Asus windows only software. They don't work with "sensors" in linux. Everything else works.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    i can tell its linux unfriendly. looks like a nice mobo though.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Good call. i will wait for full usb-c mobos before upgrading my mobo/cpu/ram

Leave a comment:

• misGnomer
    replied
    And not a single USB-C port on this PRIME Z720-P version? Next...

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Compare it with this one: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=6071#kf

Leave a comment:

• TumultuousUnicorn
    replied
    Do you known you can take a screenshot in the UEFI setup (F12 key)? My eyes are bleeding.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X