Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS PRIME Z270-P Kabylake Motherboard Works Fine On Linux

Phoronix: ASUS PRIME Z270-P Kabylake Motherboard Works Fine On Linux

For those looking to purchase a newer Intel Z270 motherboard for use with the new Kabylake processors, the ASUS PRIME Z270-P is what I've been using the past two weeks for my initial Kabylake benchmarking. So far it's been working out great and haven't run into any issues.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do you known you can take a screenshot in the UEFI setup (F12 key)? My eyes are bleeding.

Comment

Compare it with this one: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=6071#kf

Comment

And not a single USB-C port on this PRIME Z720-P version? Next...

Comment

Good call. i will wait for full usb-c mobos before upgrading my mobo/cpu/ram

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            i can tell its linux unfriendly. looks like a nice mobo though.

Comment

Probably the sensors don't work. I have a ASUS sabertooth motherboard, has tons of temp sensors on the board, but you can only read most of them by using the Asus windows only software. They don't work with "sensors" in linux. Everything else works.

Comment

Thanks for doing this write up. I have always heard that Gigabyte is unfriendly with linux.

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post
                  Thanks for doing this write up. I have always heard that Gigabyte is unfriendly with linux.
                  Bluntly that's a load of crap.

Gigabyte boards work just fine with Linux and always have, this machine and every other desktop in this house is a testament to that fact. What people got fussy over is that Gigabyte doesn't officially support Linux, and their customer service reps will tell you to run Windows. Thing is though... NONE of the MoBo manufacturers officially supports Linux, so whining about that is just bullshit.

Comment

No Intel LAN? No deal!

S/PDIF or Coaxial digital audio would be nice as well…

Comment

Working...
                    X