X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to need more popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by kiddo View Post

You might be interested to check again later this year, because at least there's this effort picking up again:

https://puri.sm/posts/diving-back-in...t-development/

https://puri.sm/posts/librem-13-core...nuary-12-2017/
      links have useful information, but i don't use laptops and if i did, i thought chromebooks come with coreboot preinstalled.
      and later this year i will be shopping for some x370 board

Comment

Looks like Librecore is something you can use, if you don't want to support LGBT zealots at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by libreleah View Post

Uh. I provided a written statement from the FSF's former RYF coordinator, who left the FSF shortly before the incident.

The proof is the libreboot site. Download D16 ROM, flash it onto a D16 with 256GiB RAM and tell me whether it works reliably for you.

Of course, we could submit a bug report in libreboot for an upstream issue. I ask: why?

I'm not stupid enough to post private correspondence between me and Timothy on Phoronix. What do you take me for?

I wasn't born yesterday. I'll use them if I need to. There is also no way for me to prove that the logs are genuine anyway.
          I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like puking after I read comments from L. Rowe..

She seems to have some serious issues and complexes.

"I ordered work but realized after they did it that I don't need it -> I am not going to pay.." WTF?

"I provided prove! Some person agreed with me, that *Stephen is transphobic* and since I'm judge, jury and executioner, I acted and publicly slandered him.."

Leah: I seriously don't care whether you identify as lady-boy, guy-girl or a toaster.. Feel like you want and go in Peace. But you are NOT entitled to any special treatment just because you think that you are different and therefore deserve it!

And as for that statement about GNU, you are all being so overly dramatic. Even if it was true (some statement is no proof of anything), it sounds like joking (or trolling in modern language), not harassment or even abuse! You want to forbid me to joke about you guirls being transgender? Hell no! That's oppression and intolerance from you. I have right to have my opinion and to voice it. You have option to disagree or even ignore me. So even if I had any problem with LGBT people, I have every right to! But I don't and vast majority of people don't. There is huge difference between a joke and discrimination. Don't be over-sensitive and take jokes as jokes (like jokes about how blacks like KFC and watermelons or that whites cannot dance and wear socks in sandals).

And you can rest peacefully - I make jokes about everyone and everything. Political correctness be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by arakan94 View Post

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like puking after I read comments from L. Rowe..

"I ordered work but realized after they did it that I don't need it -> I am not going to pay.." WTF?

"I provided prove! Some person agreed with me, that *Stephen is transphobic* and since I'm judge, jury and executioner, I acted and publicly slandered him.."

Leah: I seriously don't care whether you identify as lady-boy, guy-girl or a toaster.. Feel like you want and go in Peace. But you are NOT entitled to any special treatment just because you think that you are different and therefore deserve it!

And as for that statement about GNU, you are all being so overly dramatic. Even if it was true (some statement is no proof of anything), it sounds like joking (or trolling in modern language), not harassment or even abuse! You want to forbid me to joke about you guirls being transgender? Hell no! That's oppression and intolerance from you. I have right to have my opinion and to voice it. You have option to disagree or even ignore me. So even if I had any problem with LGBT people, I have every right to! But I don't and vast majority of people don't. There is huge difference between a joke and discrimination. Don't be over-sensitive and take jokes as jokes (like jokes about how blacks like KFC and watermelons or that whites cannot dance and wear socks in sandals).

And you can rest peacefully - I make jokes about everyone and everything. Political correctness be damned.
            You may not care but in the US we have many "protected" classes, which, in a way, give them "extra rights". However, these extra rights really amount to the same rights most people enjoy with the difference being that the law recognizes that they (the protected classes) are targeted because of who they are (I.e., things they can't change --- regardless with whether you agree with this, I'm simply explaining the situation) and, as a result, they tend to enjoy less of our rights as a result, on average. As time goes on, the expectation is that these special case laws will no longer apply, but we're not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

Wait, you're a Linux, mesa and also a librecore's core developer? Just who are you? You must know a lot of C. Sorry for going off-topic but. Any advance books you recommend about anything related to programming?
              My only advice is that learning C isn't the issue, dealing with complexity is. I only suggest, if you already know C to find a project you wish to be involved in and jump in. Look for something to try and work on - Initially you may not get any where for a long time but don't give up and keep working on trying to implement your project. Also, try to leverage git history to see how something similar was implemented before.

Hope this is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

You may not care but in the US we have many "protected" classes, which, in a way, give them "extra rights". However, these extra rights really amount to the same rights most people enjoy with the difference being that the law recognizes that they (the protected classes) are targeted because of who they are (I.e., things they can't change --- regardless with whether you agree with this, I'm simply explaining the situation) and, as a result, they tend to enjoy less of our rights as a result, on average. As time goes on, the expectation is that these special case laws will no longer apply, but we're not there yet.
                Hmm.. Thanks for the information. Since when do you have laws to protect certain groups of people? And could you give me some specific example of such law? It's hard to imagine how would such law work. Is it simply adding rights above what's guaranteed by constitution?

In my country (Czech Republic), we don't have this "positive discrimination" laws yet (but EU is pushing some of those - like requirement of 40% women in manager positions in big companies), so every citizen has equal rights. In reality however, minorities are often treated as some "protected class" by government and media. For example we have quite a lot of gypsies (~3-5%) here and many laws "do not apply" to them (authorities are simply lenient) resulting in them getting special treatment (which makes their situation even worse - they're source of many problems and most of them are sadly criminals or at least unemployed and on welfare). I personally don't think that positive discrimination helps (do you have example when it did?) and combined with that political correctness, it's main reason that Trump won - which I don't mind (at least he seemed more honest and trustworthy than Hillary), but half of USA seems to

Comment

Hopefully this thing would do what advertised. I also like idea behind petitboot. Aftere some fiddling with u-boot I've got idea my life could be easier if it rather some relatively dumb preloader like uboot SPL kicking my minimalistic kernel image and tiny usermode which could do whatever I need using power and flexibility of real Linux instead of trying to turn boot loader into operating system, being able to read dozen of filesystems even in trickiest configurations. After all, if someone wants to look like OS (be it uboot or grub), real OS like Linux obviously better at that :P. Somehow petitboot is pretty much in line with this idea.

And I think Leah damaged her reputation well below of what is desirable for project leader by all this drama, attacks on FSF and now also crap about contract. The idea behind libreboot was great, however, implementation and leader proven to be in between of awful and dreadful. Be it weird/unusual build process or stupid drama out of nowhere, it just not what one really wants from early boot environment. The main outcome of libreboot to the date was load of LGBT batshit. Needless to say it is not cool Leah (ab)uses our technical isues as torpedo to push some questionable LGBT dogfights.

p.s. funfunctor are you that "Edward o'Callaghan" known for some amd driver activity? I think I've seen "funfunctor" word somewhere around it...

Comment

Hmm.. Thanks for the information. Since when do you have laws to protect certain groups of people? And could you give me some specific example of such law? It's hard to imagine how would such law work. Is it simply adding rights above what's guaranteed by constitution?

In my country (Czech Republic), we don't have this "positive discrimination" laws yet (but EU is pushing some of those - like requirement of 40% women in manager positions in big companies), so every citizen has equal rights. In reality however, minorities are often treated as some "protected class" by government and media. For example we have quite a lot of gypsies (~3-5%) here and many laws "do not apply" to them (authorities are simply lenient) resulting in them getting special treatment (which makes their situation even worse - they're source of many problems and most of them are sadly criminals or at least unemployed and on welfare). I personally don't think that positive discrimination helps (do you have example when it did?) and combined with that political correctness, it's main reason that Trump won - which I don't mind (at least he seemed more honest and trustworthy than Hillary), but half of USA seems to
                    Sure, np..

Any of those links on that page should send you to an example law.
                    I believe the first ones were enacted to counter the effects of Jim Crow (this is the name given to laws and practices that were intended to keep black people as an underclass --- things like segregated schools, limited employment opportunities (if you were black, you just weren't hired for certain jobs at certain places), and, there was also lynching, which was used as a terror tactic to prevent them from even attempting to change their station).
                    The idea isn't to give these folks more than their fair share, but to improve their odds of actually having the rights guaranteed by the Constitution. In order to achieve that, we've allowed the bar to be lowered, in very specific cases, with regards to the evidence needed to show discrimination (I.e., that the rights everyone else enjoys were denied to them ---- that's the general idea, but the practice is much more complicated).
                    Obviously it's pretty hard to prove causation, but, black people are much better off now than they were 60 years ago. By that I mean they are actually catching up to the non-discriminated classes when it comes to wealth, education, and, I think, life span.
                    Btw, if you think Trump is more trustworthy they Clinton then you haven't seen/read more than an excerpt of almost anything he has said/written. He has/does, literally, contradicted himself on adjacent days. He's notorious for this. Then again, I don't care a great deal about "trustworthiness" as long as they do what they say. How they get to that point, I don't really care.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

I don't know if it just me, but....pot, kettle?

For someone not caring about LGBT you seem to care a lot. I am sick an tired of having to read that Rowe is being placed in the LGBT box. Can we please focus on the non-personal stuff here?

It is as valid a position as any other, and one I actually understand and appreciate. However, I would also argue that it is likely (sorry, generalizing here) you are a white heterosexual man who has never been exposed to any kind of -ism (sexism, racism, LGBT-ism, or otherwise). If you have been exposed to such things, I apologize on beforehand for generalising. You can simply not grasp what being exposed to an -ism actually does with you, and that is actually a good thing! I don't think anyone wishes such treatment to anybody. So although I wholeheartedly agree with your Political correctness be damned position from a principle point of view, I have come to the conclusion that from a practical point of view that we, in some area's related to -ism's, need to be mindful about what the impact of our jokes and comments are. Because they ain't harmless, ask those who are really affected by any -ism treatment.

Comment

Working...
                      X