Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you did rm -rf --no-preserve-root / in UEFI mode,
    would this mother board get bricked?
    Or does it have better uefi implementation than most?

Comment

Ok, we know the xeon processors work fine on the MSI C236a ws motherboard in ecc mode, but has anyone made sure the pentium, celeron, and I3 cpus actually run in ecc mode on this board ?

Comment

I've heard that Ubantu doesn't play nice with the RAID on Intel CPU's. Is this correct?

Also, I'm thinking of using a C236A board for a NAS drive that will (a) store media, (b) transcode videos for Plex, (c) serve both Plex and Kobi clients, and (d) provide WebDAV service for maintaining and adding to a large library of PDF's. Is this board suited for this kind of use? Do you foresee any problems? Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by inquiring_mind View Post
          Ok, we know the xeon processors work fine on the MSI C236a ws motherboard in ecc mode, but has anyone made sure the pentium, celeron, and I3 cpus actually run in ecc mode on this board ?
          I think Intel, in its infinite wisdom, designs its CPU's so that on Xeon does ECC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnosos View Post

I think Intel, in its infinite wisdom, designs its CPU's so that onLY Xeon does ECC.
            I don't see how to edit messages.

Comment

When it comes to BSD support, I had no troubles running FreeBSD/PC-BSD 10.3 on this board using NVIDIA graphics.
              Michael, could you try NetBSD as well, whenever the next time comes? It appears to have some sort of Nvidia support as well(over Linux kernel 3.11 emulation/Nouveau driver),

Comment

Working...
              X