Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-H110M-A: A Sub-$60 Intel Skylake Motherboard

Phoronix: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A: A Sub-$60 Intel Skylake Motherboard

When recently buying the Intel Pentium G4400, a ~$60 Skylake dual-core processor, for Linux testing I was also looking for a Skylake motherboard that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. The motherboard I ended up pairing for this Pentium G4400 in the test lab was the Gigabyte GA-H110M-A, a micro-ATX board using Intel's H110 chipset.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The one big support caveat that's sadly common for new Intel/AMD systems on Linux is there's no LM_Sensors support for detecting any of the various onboard thermal/speed/voltage sensors of the motherboard.
    If it's like other Gigabyte Skylake boards with an IT8628E sensors chip, you can use it with modprobe it87 force_id=0x8728.

Comment

Thanks for checking sensors output, Michael. lm-sensors.org has been down for a while. Any news on that?

Originally posted by miah View Post
      If it's like other Gigabyte Skylake boards with an IT8628E sensors chip
      That's what it looks like from the pic.

Comment

weeeew $55. it hard to find used first-gen core i7 mobos for that.

Comment

How does this motherboard support two monitors if it only has a single HDMI output?

Comment

Originally posted by cthart View Post
            How does this motherboard support two monitors if it only has a single HDMI output?
            The article doesn't say that this board supports two monitors. It says that the *H110 chipset* supports _up to_ two monitors.
            Last edited by Gusar; 30 November 2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X