Thanks for the help

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Oops, sorry. Didn't notice the GTX280.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    X38/P48 is only needed for CrossFire, but he wants Nvidia, so absolutely unimportant if you have got one or two 16x PCI-E slots. If you want to use SLI you would need a 780i based board.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    X38 chipset is also a good option (the new X48 is too expensive and isn't faster performance-wise). The Asus P5E costs about 120/130€. DDR3 is too expensive and won't really give you anything.

Edit: If you want to have the DDR3 option open and the "leet" X48 chipset, Asrock is producing a very nicely priced X48 board (about 160€) which supports DDR2 (4GB) as well as DDR3 (8GB). It's also a very good performer and overclocker: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rbotwins&num=1
    Last edited by RealNC; 09 August 2008, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Any current P45 board should do. DDR3 is useless anyway, so you can simply go for DDR2.

Leave a comment:

• sausageCat
    started a topic Please , help needed with motherboard

Please , help needed with motherboard

I need help with deciding which motherboard will be the best option for me.
    My specs:
    Graphics card: Gtx 280
    Processor: Intel quad core Q9450
    Memory: 4gigs of DDR3

I am trying to decided between Asus P5Q3, bonetrail and the bonetrail 2. I am only willing to spend the extra cash for the bonetrail 2, if i need to. If you know of a better motherboard at the same price range then please tell me.
    Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Kyle
Working...
X