Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libreboot Now Supports An AMD/ASUS Motherboard

Phoronix: Libreboot Now Supports An AMD/ASUS Motherboard

The Libreboot "fork" of Coreboot now has support for its first AMD motherboard -- or more broadly, its first desktop motherboard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

now give me a business notebook with amd system with coreboot support and I am happy or offer a amd buisnissnotebook at all as a start

Comment

HP EliteBook 745 G2 http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptop...g2-notebook-pc
      There you go. Magnesium alloy beauty. Coreboot should come eventually.

Comment

Michael, you might want to look up the definition of "desktop motherboard".

Comment

Originally posted by pollux_9t View Post
          HP EliteBook 745 G2 http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptop...g2-notebook-pc
          There you go. Magnesium alloy beauty. Coreboot should come eventually.
          Can't see any beauty through that 768p pixelation. Seriously, what the hell is that. It even actually has an SSD like any self respecting computer in this day and age should, but its display so so awful, why would they even make this.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

Can't see any beauty through that 768p pixelation. Seriously, what the hell is that. It even actually has an SSD like any self respecting computer in this day and age should, but its display so so awful, why would they even make this.
            This.
            I was pretty excited to see a decent AMD laptop until I saw that horrid 1366x768...

Comment

To be fair, it's a 14" monitor. How many laptops do you know that are 14" with a 1080p display? Okay...there are a few. Lets limit our options to those with AMD processors...none? Oh, that sucks. D:

There are a few smaller ones with 1080p screens...if that makes any sense. o_o

Supposedly there's another model of the 745 G2 with a 1080p screen, but I can't find it on their site. There is a model of the 725 G2 with a 1080p screen, however.
              Last edited by Nobu; 28 June 2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunts View Post

This.
                I was pretty excited to see a decent AMD laptop until I saw that horrid 1366x768...
                You guy do realise you can order it with a 1080p IPS panel (at least here in Europe)?
                I even found an american document showing the option: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmi...April_2014.pdf

Comment

Yeah, but it's not on their US website. Not for the 745 G2, anyway, even though it is listed as an option in the 745's specs on their website. Maybe they stopped making that specific version, or maybe they ran out. Would have to call to find out, either way.

Edit: Also, windows is expensive...if you build it yourself and remove Windows (select FreeDOS or Ubuntu) it costs $200 less. o_o
                  Last edited by Nobu; 28 June 2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Nforce4 - somehow funny, that chipset was used for Intel systems as well. I don't see a direct correlation to AMD here, but if it helps... Opterons are usually slow as hell. s775 CPUs would be at least a bit faster...

Comment

Working...
                    X