Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM Posts Pictures Of AMD's New Development Board

Phoronix: ARM Posts Pictures Of AMD's New Development Board

AMD's new 64-bit ARM Opteron quad-core development board coming out later this year at an "affordable" price has us quite excited since it was announced earlier this week at the Red Hat Summit. ARM has now revealed the first pictures of this board...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where exactly do you see the HDMI Port? I see an eSATA (next to the three SATA3 Ports, away from the camera), a microUSB for Debugging (Front right), a microSD-Slot (also facing away), but no HDMI-Port. Maybe i am blind.

That's one very odd layout indeed...
    Last edited by isigrim; 26 June 2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Maybe it's under the microSD slot? Or else, maybe they're talking about that expansion connector on the back of the board? Could also just use a microUSB to HDMI MHL adaptor, if that's supported.

Comment

Originally posted by isigrim View Post
        Where exactly do you see the HDMI Port? I see an eSATA (next to the three SATA3 Ports, away from the camera), a microUSB for Debugging (Front right), a microSD-Slot (also facing away), but no HDMI-Port. Maybe i am blind.

That's one very odd layout indeed...
        Top picture, toward the right. It's micro HDMI. Regardless, with a PCIe 16x (whether it's actually a 16-lane bus) means a discrete GPU could be added, which is really nice.

Personally I'm pretty excited about this board - if priced right, it would be the first modern enthusiast-grade ARM system.
        Last edited by schmidtbag; 26 June 2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Top picture, toward the right. It's micro HDMI.
          You mean the black thing above the blue 8 pin and the black 10 Pin socket towards the Seattle CPU. All other things can be mapped to common connectors, not even resembling any of the 5 hdmi sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by _ONH_ View Post
            You mean the black thing above the blue 8 pin and the black 10 Pin socket towards the Seattle CPU. All other things can be mapped to common connectors, not even resembling any of the 5 hdmi sockets.
            lol no, that's not toward the right. It's still on the same face as the ethernet and USB-A ports. Like I said, it's micro HDMI. Really small, looks a lot like micro USB.

EDIT:
            Nevermind.... zooming into the picture, it says "console" next to that port. So, that is actually micro USB. So yeah - no idea where HDMI is.

Comment

Yea, that was my thougt first but with usb b micro female, you can finde the the drawing of it in the first 3 Rows of google image.

So, the 2 I can not match with an to me known, ports are the topmost left on the first image with (2 solder point rows, 7 and 4 on the backside) the one inbetween the 7 pin, 10 pin header and the big 8 pin (blue), 10 pin (black) connectors, which shows on the back 5 solder points, but looks on the front side to have the data pin on the surface of the board.
              But even that matches with no known to me HDMI Port, and has to much pins.

Comment

These dev boards should use DisplayPort in my opinion, anyway.

Comment

Does the board support ECC memory. Then I would say "Shutup and take my money!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiete View Post
                    Does the board support ECC memory. Then I would say "Shutup and take my money!"
                    According to Anandtech:
                    The SoC has a dual channel (2x64-bit) DDR3/4 interface to up to 128GB of 1866MHz memory. Just like the caches, the memory path also supports ECC of the single-bit error correct / double-bit error detect variety. Registered (RDIMM), unregistered (UDIMM), and small-outline (SODIMM) memory modules are support by the A1100 SoC, but actual motherboards will likely support only one type of memory. The same goes for DDR3 vs. DDR4.

Comment

Working...
                    X