Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Gigabyte Sandy/Ivy Bridge Motherboard Now Handled By Coreboot

Phoronix: A Gigabyte Sandy/Ivy Bridge Motherboard Now Handled By Coreboot

A new, low-cost Gigabyte motherboard that supports Intel's Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors is now supported by upstream Coreboot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like it was just Daniels freelance effort to make it work, a shame. If Gigabyte actually supported Coreboot I'd stop buying exclusively MSI (since they are the most "Linux friendly" vendor right now it seems, since they ship firmware update tools for Linux) and buy their stuff instead.

Just a reminder, mobo dudes, first one to start supporting coreboot gets the dozen or more systems I build per year, plus whomever else I can convince to only use your stuff. And I am super annoying with my neckbearding on reddit!

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      Looks like it was just Daniels freelance effort to make it work, a shame. If Gigabyte actually supported Coreboot I'd stop buying exclusively MSI (since they are the most "Linux friendly" vendor right now it seems, since they ship firmware update tools for Linux) and buy their stuff instead.

Just a reminder, mobo dudes, first one to start supporting coreboot gets the dozen or more systems I build per year, plus whomever else I can convince to only use your stuff. And I am super annoying with my neckbearding on reddit!
      I'm in the same boat; just not so annoying =P Good too see more consumer 'stuff' coming out with support.
      Hi

Comment

Amazing, I am lucky enough to have exactly that board! Though, will have to remember what you said about MSI.

Comment

ohoho! Does this mean that some code would be able to be shared with other gigabytes mobos ? If there is anything that we can do to help (dumps, etc.)... GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 here.

Comment

Interesting. My current motherboard is a B75, although it's a MSI one.

Comment

Working...
            X