No announcement yet.

Intel Launches The Z97 Chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me, or Intel is breaking compatibility with its chipsets all the time? Granted, with the kind of money I spent in my Haswell i5 system, I am not upgrading anything in a long time. But it feels like a constant full-upgrade cycle. AMD sees to be better at that ...

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
      Is it me, or Intel is breaking compatibility with its chipsets all the time? Granted, with the kind of money I spent in my Haswell i5 system, I am not upgrading anything in a long time. But it feels like a constant full-upgrade cycle. AMD sees to be better at that ...
      Intel has never worried much about chipset compatibility, because hardly anyone ever upgrades a CPU. 99+% of computer users buy a new computer when their old one is too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
        Intel has never worried much about chipset compatibility, because hardly anyone ever upgrades a CPU. 99+% of computer users buy a new computer when their old one is too slow.
        Right. Or others can wait until some gamers (for e.g.) go to the latest and greatest new hardware and upgrade their system to a faster cpu that the gamer is selling to put $$ towards their new build. At least, while ppl keep going that route to build a new computer being dissatisfied or just wanting something new.

Comment

Working...
        X