ASRock AM1H-ITX: One Of The Best AM1 Mini-ITX Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Do I win? I've got a bit of experience with the overclocking stuff and my AM1 kit just arrived...

Running the 0602 BIOS, [email protected] successfully booting Ubuntu using this build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3KFAQ Everything works and everything is rock solid stable.
    No you don't win . That is possibile 2205MHz is max stable with SATA working... try to set APU Frequency to 106 that is the main problem, can you boot Linux from sata then?
    Last edited by dungeon; 16 May 2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

For booting Windows beyond that, workaround is to set SATA to IDE mode in BIOS and that works for Windows . But same workaround does not make Linux booting form SATA .

Comment

If I didn't have to deliver the system today I'd be seeing how low I could get the memory timings, the ram is stock 1600 CAS 9-9-10-24 t2 all I did was set it to 9-9-9-24 t2 on top of the oc, everything is still on stock voltages.

Still all said it's a nice all around boost for free and this little box absolutely flies with an SSD. As a basic non gaming system you can't not recommend these enough for the price performance.

Now I want to see what will come out with the new FX-7600P notebook APUs. Here's to hoping Zareason, System76, Think Penguin or Ohava come out with a really nice 1920x1200 or 4k laptop with those. AMD may have a low end winner in those if they make them for AM1 as it's supposed to be only 35w for what is almost an A10-7850K.

Comment

Dont think they can make 35W part for AM1 . Even these 19W AMD FX-7500 is overkill for AM1 they are dualchannel. I expect maybe only some revisited Beema variants for AM1 .

Comment

Hi,

Thanx for the review. I would like to buy this mainboard and an AMD 5350 to run an audiophile headless PC with a Gentoo based OS called Daphile.
            According to you it should run fine on any linux based OS. Do you think it would run fine on a gentoo based OS as well ?
            If I got everything right, temperature reports from inside linux will not work for now due to kernel limitations?
            Do you know if there is (or going to) other heatsinks available but stock since I need to run it fanless ? (even though I am pretty sure it would run fanless since the os is not really processor intensive.
            Last question is about sata power on external 19v DC. I have noticed that there is a connector on the mainboard in this very case but the provided cable only has 2 sata plugs. Do you think the onboard sata power plug could deal with 3 satas peripherals? (I want to plug in a 60gb SSD, a 2To HD and a CD drive).
            Thanx for you help.
            Regards,

Cyril

Comment

Originally posted by trucabulles View Post
              If I got everything right, temperature reports from inside linux will not work for now due to kernel limitations?
              Dont have this one board, but on Asus boards there has not been working sensor because they use newer ITE chipset, but support has been added as of kernel 3.15 so temperature readings works now.

Asrock boards use different I/O chip, as i see in picture that is Nuvoton NCT6776D so that is nct6776 supported by nct6775 kernel driver:

So i guess that one should work without intervention .

Only what does not work currently is wattage reading provided by fam15h_power driver - it always say just 0W .
              Last edited by dungeon; 24 May 2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Ok thanx for the reply that make it clear now.
                What's about the sata on board power plug? Any idea? If I were using this board with such a config, would a 90w dc 19v be enough ?

Comment

Last question is about sata power on external 19v DC. I have noticed that there is a connector on the mainboard in this very case but the provided cable only has 2 sata plugs. Do you think the onboard sata power plug could deal with 3 satas peripherals? (I want to plug in a 60gb SSD, a 2To HD and a CD drive).
                  I guess you can plug in only 2 x 2.5" HDD for example, but could not bet even for 2 x 3.5" HDDs . Or combinations one SSD and one 3.5" HDD max that should work, or so.... But for the three devices no, so no i don't think so .

Of course i don't have board so can't be 100% sure in this, but if cable has only 2 sata plugs that sounds to me like reasonable limitation .

Comment

Originally posted by trucabulles View Post
                    Do you think the onboard sata power plug could deal with 3 satas peripherals? (I want to plug in a 60gb SSD, a 2To HD and a CD drive).
                    You can always buy a sata-to-usb adapter with an external power brick, and use that with the CD drive (assuming you use that one the least). They go for maybe 20$.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      I guess you can plug in only 2 x 2.5" HDD for example, but could not bet even for 2 x 3.5" HDDs . Or combinations one SSD and one 3.5" HDD max that should work, or so.... But for the three devices no, so no i don't think so .

Of course i don't have board so can't be 100% sure in this, but if cable has only 2 sata plugs that sounds to me like reasonable limitation .
                      I have the board and I've plugged three HDDs to the Sata power connector. I purchased two additional splitters and was able to run 4 Sata devices off of the one Sata power port (three hard drives and a sata DVD-Rom for installation. I love this thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X