Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS KBN-I + AMD E1-2100 "Kabini" APU

Phoronix: ECS KBN-I + AMD E1-2100 "Kabini" APU

In a very good deal, the ECS KBN-I/2100 mini-ITX motherboard that features an AMD E1-2100 dual-core "Kabini" APU can be found for just over $30 USD. How though is the performance of this ultra low-cost motherboard + APU combination when it costs less than a Raspberry Pi? Here are some benchmarks and the Linux impressions.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Everywhere I look, these boards are selling for around $100 in the US, not $30.

Comment

It's a shame it only has two SATA ports because I'm interested in a mini-ITX file server. I suppose the PCIe slot could be used for some sort of SATA/SAS card though.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        Everywhere I look, these boards are selling for around $100 in the US, not $30.
        Your search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.

Here in Balkan those are not even available for any price... so i must wait for athlon/sempron kabinis .

Comment

Could you share dmesg and lspci/lsusb?

Could you share dmesg and lspci/lsusb?
          I'd like to know the ASPM support.

Thanks,
          Enih

Comment

What is the point with a cheap mini-sized motherboard when you still need a huge power supply that cost even more than the motherboard.

Also 1990s called, they want their USB 2.0 technology back.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              What is the point with a cheap mini-sized motherboard when you still need a huge power supply that cost even more than the motherboard.

Also 1990s called, they want their USB 2.0 technology back.
              also the 80s called, they wanted their Serial port back. The lack of equipment is what made the board cheap.

So whats your point? That you don?t have a need for this slow hardware? Others have... and they might just put a passivley cooled 60 Watt power supply on (like I did for my E350 HTPC that runs at 18 Watt). Such a power supply costs 50€ INCLUDING the ITX Case.
              Last edited by tomtomme; 19 February 2014, 06:01 AM.

Comment

it costs less than a Raspberry Pi
                Bullshitting too much?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                  also the 80s called, they wanted their Serial port back. The lack of equipment is what made the board cheap.

So whats your point? That you don?t have a need for this slow hardware? Others have... and they might just put a passivley cooled 60 Watt power supply on (like I did for my E350 HTPC that runs at 18 Watt). Such a power supply costs 50? INCLUDING the ITX Case.
                  My point is that USB 2.0 is a redundant legacy technology with no use, since USB 3 is backwards compatible.
                  I would rather have six USB 3.0 ports than two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0.

Oh, I didn't know there were so cheap power supplies and ITX cases.
                  The ITX power supplies and ITX cases I've seen have cost very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ssvb View Post
                    Bullshitting too much?
                    Yeah, definitely!
                    Add RAM, power supply, storage and a case, and its much more expensive than a Raspberry Pi.
                    Though, its also much more powerful.

Comment

Working...
                    X