DFI LanParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    What version of LM_Sensors are you using?
    Now I'm using 2.10.1, and I get further than my previous post using this version (rather than whatever is in the repositories). I downloaded/extracted lm_sensors-2.10.1.tar.gz, installed dependencies (aptitude bison flex), ran make user then make user_install, used the latest version of the sensors-detect script and it told me this:
    Code:
    # I2C adapter drivers
    [color=yellow]# modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 0 at 1:00.0
    # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 1 at 1:00.0
    # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 2 at 1:00.0
    # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 3 at 1:00.0[/color]
    modprobe i2c-isa
    # Chip drivers
    [color=yellow]# no driver for Analog Devices ADT7473 yet
    # Warning: the required module pca9540 is not currently installed
    # on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
    # http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
    # into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
    modprobe pca9540[/color]
    modprobe eeprom
    modprobe it87
    [color=red]# Warning: the required module k8temp is not currently installed
    # on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
    # http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
    # into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
    modprobe k8temp[/color]
    # sleep 2 # optional
    /usr/local/bin/sensors -s # recommended
    The stuff in yellow are problems, the red is a show stopper. I found this thread and this ticket that tells me lm-sensors, the AM2 sensors I have, along with kernel 2.6.17 have a problem with each other still. I'll keep looking around for a possible solution.

Comment

I'm not able to help you with your LM_Sensors problem, but I do want to chime in regarding Linux on this board. I am starting to wonder just how great it is overall. A few weeks ago I was running Sabayon Linux on it and received random crashes, and even quirkier bugs (Like KSnapshot opening indefinitely).

Few days ago I installed a fresh Gentoo, and so far so good. But... there has been a "random" time where my keyboard would spaz out and repeatedly type periods or whatever letter I last pushed. It's not the keyboard.. works fine in Windows.

I only point blame on the board because I have never had so much issue with Linux on a PC before. I was using an Intel netburst PC before, and never had this many problems.

Getting a C2D in a few days though, so I am interested to see how this is going to play out.

Comment

Hmm... weird problem. The only thing I've ever seen related to this issue (on a bare metal box) is last week on a SLES 9 (2.6.7 i think) running on some ASUS board. After a base install, doing random things like installing large RPMs or SP3 made the clock fast-forward and/or the keys pressed repeat way more than actually pressed. I had seen that exact thing happen numerous times with VM images, but never on a bare metal system. Editing some vmware config file solved the problem on a VM, but that fix wouldn't work for a bare metal system. I put the following boot parameter on the kernel line of /boot/grub/menu.lst and all my problems went away:
        Code:
        clock=pit
        It may be worth a try in your situation.

Comment

Working...
        X