X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by caryhartline View Post
    Apple doesn't design their hardware/software with anyone else in mind. Apple makes their hardware so it works with their software and vice-versa. I don't think it's a hit against Apple that their version of Thunderbolt doesn't work with Linux. Thunderbolt though will still be popular until something faster is made, but now that Thunderbolt 2 is coming out with the new Mac Pro; I highly doubt there will be anything faster for quite some time.
    Its not only Apple. NO manufacturer gives a fuck about linux (even the oh so linux friendly Intel). If your problem can be solved in kernel level you might get a solution. If you depend on the mfg to get it fixed you are fucked.

Leave a comment:

• caryhartline
    replied
    Apple Compatibility

Apple doesn't design their hardware/software with anyone else in mind. Apple makes their hardware so it works with their software and vice-versa. I don't think it's a hit against Apple that their version of Thunderbolt doesn't work with Linux. Thunderbolt though will still be popular until something faster is made, but now that Thunderbolt 2 is coming out with the new Mac Pro; I highly doubt there will be anything faster for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Thunderbolt Still Has Problems For Linux

Thunderbolt Still Has Problems For Linux

Phoronix: Thunderbolt Still Has Problems For Linux

While the popularity and future of the Apple/Intel Thunderbolt interface can be debated, the current state of Thunderbolt on Linux still leaves a fair amount to be desired. While on the state of Linux hardware support, the Google Chromebook Pixel does work with modern Linux distributions, but not all support has been perfected...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X