Biostar Tforce 7050-M2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar Tforce 7050-M2

I recently bought this motherboard for a new computer I built. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138061) I am now trying to get Gentoo onto it, however, the install live CD for Gentoo is not detecting any of the 3 SATA drives I have in the machine. I tried the xubuntu live cd and the same problem occurs.

I already installed XP x64 on one of the HD's and everything went smoothly. I can see all three hard drives from within Windows.

I have changed the SATA Operation Mode to all of the options: IDE (default), RAID, AHCI, and Linux AHCI. I can only boot from a live CD or the Windows partition in the IDE mode. When I change to any of the other modes I get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message after post.

What is also strange is that the CD/DVD ROM from which I am booting the Linux live CD's is on the same SATA controller as the hard drives.

I have read that Linux should support this motherboard, is this a driver issue that I am having? Or do I need to make a more specific configuration in the BIOS?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ian

Here's an update.
    After changing the SATA Operation mode in the BIOS to AHCI, I can boot the Gentoo live cd and get it to detect all of my drives. However, I can not get to the grub menu after I finish the installation.
    I get the "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" when I try to boot the hd on which I have grub installed.

It's very strange.

Comment

Working...
    X