Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L

Phoronix: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L

Earlier this week David Lin reviewed the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3S and on the review bench today we have the GA-P31-DS3L from Gigabyte. This P31 motherboard supports Intel's Core 2 45nm processors, DDR2-1066 memory, all-solid capacitors, and many of the other innovations found on the GA-P35-DS3S. Nevertheless, is the GA-P31-DS3L that currently sells for about $75 USD able to perform well under Linux like the GA-P35-DS3S?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good review, I found it odd that the lame encoding performance was so much slower on that board compared to the other one. But overall that board looks pretty solid to me.

Comment

While the Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L is not nearly as fancy as the GA-P35-DS3S, it's a darn nice motherboard that uses Intel's new P31 Chipset yet only costs about $75 USD.
      huh? i have one of these and it says p35 chipset on my box. why would its model number be ga-p35-ds3l if it were a p31 chipset? what is a p31 chipset anyway? (ok, i looked it up on wikipedia now).

maybe i have a newer revisision. i bought my board somewhere around the end of november/start of december 2007.

anyway, no big deal for me. the board is the best i have ever used in every way. i have a core 2 duo e6600 and 2 gb of a-data 800MHz memory, and a biostar (nvidia) 7600gs video card. seagate sata hard drive and liteon cd/dvd.

Comment

Working...
      X