Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS Z77H2-A2X Ultimate Golden Edition Extreme

Phoronix: ECS Z77H2-A2X Ultimate Golden Edition Extreme

Now that a majority of the key Linux performance areas have been covered on Phoronix as it pertains to Intel's Ivy Bridge in dozens of different articles since its April launch date, it's time to say a few words about the "Panther Point" motherboard that was used for many of these Phoronix tests: the ECS Z77H2-A2X Ultimate Golden Edition Extreme.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's interesting. One thing was not mentioned in the article, though - how many fan connectors are there, and how does it work with lm_sensors?

Comment

It's really funny to see a board for oc together with an intel boxed cooler When you forget about SLI usually the cheapest Z77 board should do and you still can oc the cpu. Im just not sure if there are still ACPI problems with gigabyte, but compared to series 6 boards gigabyte uses now pure uefi (+csm for bios compat) instead of a bios with uefi addon. I would not say that one specific vendor is superior. Maybe you can divide the boards into groups of different uefi vendors. If you dont need pci cards maybe get a board with pci-e slots only as pci is done via a special bridge chip and might require the use of irqpoll to gain stability (thats needed for my z68 board as well - i use a pci dvb-c card there).
      Last edited by Kano; 23 June 2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

@Kano

Hm, that irqpoll situation sucks. Is that only when using PCI cards, or even with empty slots?

Comment

Hi there Michael does Vt-d work with this board?

Comment

@curaga

empty should not matter. but the dvb-c device could not tune channels till i used that option.

Comment

Working...
            X