No announcement yet.

Google Does Sandy/Ivy Bridge In Coreboot For Chrome OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares what the payload is? As long as Coreboot start works on Sandy Bitch?

Comment

Sweet

I'd love to run coreboot on my desktop machine.

Comment

Since you relinked to this article, what is the status of coreboot atm?
        Will it be possible for non-ubergeeks to get coreboot on any device in near future?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          That's nice and all, but what will be the payload of Coreboot? ChromeOS itself? If so, then, from what I understood about Coreboot, installing a different OS will be somewhat difficult, as you have to change the payload, in which case you have to flash the firmware. Of course, that beats locked bootloaders, but still is a form of inconvenience.
          Probably either TianoCore/UEFI or some custom payload that can check a kernels signature before loading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela498
            So we will be able to install another Linux distribution and wipe ChromeOS entirely on future Chromebooks?
            I would love that, because the Samsung Chromebooks have a 16:10 aspect ratio.
            I would bet on it though you may have to open the case or apply for an unlock code or key. Google's put a dev mode switch on the other toys that they've released.

Comment

Working...
            X