Asus P5NE-SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5NE-SLI

Hey I am new here if you couldn't tell, and a friend just gave me one of these M/B, my question is what kind of video cards is it compatabile with. I saw a thread about it from 2007 but it failed to answer my question. We have it running and all but wont use my Videocard at all. I have been told that it isn't compatable with mine, so I figured I would ask someone

SLI = PCIe
    Which means virtually any new card from any store. I suggest AMD -- drivers are best when open.

Comment

Oh ok. I havent been into custom computers since P4's were the big top of the line technology lol. Here is another probably dumb question but what is the purpose for dual videocards. Just for multiple screens or for more Video memory? Does it really help on stuff like games or is it more for stuff like 3d design like running Maya on one screen and Mudbox in another screen? I am trying to build one for my maya program for school really and just thought that this motherboard might be a good plac to start. I am trying to get the ram and the cpu as well from him. I have a 1tb harddrive for the computer whenever I get it built. Oh Also this is a bit off topic but I have also heard that it is better to have all of your programs installed on a different hard drive than you operating system is installed on. if this is the case I was thinking of getting like a 40 gb hard drive for the things OS and then using the 1tb for all of my programs and games and what not. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kkreptiles View Post
        Oh ok. I havent been into custom computers since P4's were the big top of the line technology lol. Here is another probably dumb question but what is the purpose for dual videocards. Just for multiple screens or for more Video memory? Does it really help on stuff like games or is it more for stuff like 3d design like running Maya on one screen and Mudbox in another screen? I am trying to build one for my maya program for school really and just thought that this motherboard might be a good plac to start. I am trying to get the ram and the cpu as well from him. I have a 1tb harddrive for the computer whenever I get it built. Oh Also this is a bit off topic but I have also heard that it is better to have all of your programs installed on a different hard drive than you operating system is installed on. if this is the case I was thinking of getting like a 40 gb hard drive for the things OS and then using the 1tb for all of my programs and games and what not. Thank you
        Video gamers with no life, possibly pro 3d, but that would be with firegl or similar boards.

Comment

Working...
        X