No announcement yet.

ETA of chipsets with sata-600 & usb-3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA of chipsets with sata-600 & usb-3 ?

I'm wondering when we can expect phenom2 chipsets with
    sata-600 and usb3?

Originally posted by Dieter View Post
    I'm wondering when we can expect phenom2 chipsets with
    sata-600 and usb3?
    Have to wait for the new AMD 8 series chipsets IIRC.

Comment

Basically it is not that hard to use that with AMD (compared to Intel P5x/H5x/Q5x, X58 has enough too) as there are enough pci-e lanes to connect extra chips. Interestingly you have to disable C1E and even C+Q if you want to use the max speed possible. But boards with extra chips are really expensive, so better think before you but em if you really need it. eSATA is maybe the smarter choice than usb 3.

Comment

The upcoming MSI 890FX-GD70 is reported to have USB 3.0 and SATA 6 GB/s.

Comment

Newegg has 3 AMD Gigabyte boards for sale, they have been available for a couple weeks now.
          GA-770TA-UD3
          GA-790XTA-UD4
          GA-790FXTA-UD5

Fry's Electronics also has the GA-790XTA-UD4 in stock..I've been eying that one up for a new build..my trusty 939 single core system's getting a bit long in the tooth.

I'd check out the boards at the Gigabyte website too for memory compatibility..some brands such as OCZ DDR3 1600 the recommended modules are tri-channel (6g)OCZ3P1600LV6GK rather than dual (4g) might just be a copy&paste error.. since they have 1 new board out for Intel.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
          X