Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 22.10 Up And Running On The LicheeRV ~$19 RISC-V Board

Phoronix: Ubuntu 22.10 Up And Running On The LicheeRV ~$19 RISC-V Board

In addition to supporting the SiFive HiFive Unmatched, Allwinner D1 Nezha, and VisionFive RISC-V board support, Canonical has formally announced Ubuntu 22.10 for the LicheeRV as a $16~19+ RISC-V board...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it only China massively producing RISC-V CPUs (and boards)?

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
      Is it only China massively producing CPUs (and boards)?
      There, FTFY

Comment

$19, but most people here'll be better off with VisionFive2 (Still <$100), which has workable performance, somewhere between rpi3 and 4.

The LicheeRV is single core, and very slow, similar to Pentium III 1GHz, and its peripherals are very limiting.
        Last edited by ayumu; 26 October 2022, 03:02 PM. Reason: peripherals

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
          $19, but most people here'll be better off with VisionFive2 (Still <$100), which has workable performance, somewhere between rpi3 and 4.

The LicheeRV is single core, and very slow, similar to Pentium III 1GHz, and its peripherals are very limiting.
          How does it compare to the Pi Zero 2?

I prefer using in-order & watt < 10 for SBCs. I would like to see more open competition in this segment. I would financially support any company that is more open than the Raspberry Pi Foundation even if it does not meet my exact requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X