• mazumoto
    replied
    Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Thank you, I'm going to take a look

Leave a comment:

• DanglingPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by mazumoto View Post
    *sigh* ... so Roeck did actually pull this. Maybe I should look if I find a nice X570 board from Asus now ... although they didn't do anything for this support apparently.
    Does someone know if there are water blocks for chipset and VRMs available for one of those boards?
    Here you go...
    EKWaterBlocks Shop offers you complete assortiment for water-cooling of your PC. Only EK and EK confirmed quality products.

Leave a comment:

• darcagn
    replied
    Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
    Good news. Hopefully some 400-series boards get added before merge window closes. Would be great to see fan controls included at some point as well.
    I followed DanielG's link and copy/pasted the lines for PRIME X570-PRO and changed to X470, and removed the chipset fan the X470 doesn't have, and it pretty much just works except for one incorrect reading. It doesn't seem like it'll be too difficult to get some 400-series boards in there.

Leave a comment:

• gfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Wonderful!
    Nice to have this kind of support for at least one motherboard manufacturer.
    I don't think ASUS helped? it was done by devs who work for free. Agreed that companies like ASUS should give these guys free hardware, OnePlus used to give ROM developers free phones

Leave a comment:

• yump
    replied
    It's a pity it's read-only. All of those cool sensors, and the only things you can do with them are log and notify the user if the fan quits. I would almost rather have write-only fan control, since you can almost always get one temperature from the CPU and another from the disk.

Leave a comment:

• krzyzowiec
    replied
    ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
    Sweet, can’t wait to test it out.

Leave a comment:

• DanielG
    replied
    Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
    Good news. Hopefully some 400-series boards get added before merge window closes. Would be great to see fan controls included at some point as well.
    If you want your board to be supported, build the driver yourself, with your board added to the supported list it includes, and if it works, ask the developers to add it to the list.
    Luckily the developer of the driver has a github repo that makes it easy to build and test it as an external kernel module, and give feedback (via github issue):
    Linux HWMON sensors driver for ASUS motherboards to get sensor readings from the embedded controller - zeule/asus-ec-sensors

The list of supported boards I'm talking about: https://github.com/zeule/asus-ec-sen...sensors.c#L169

BTW, not all ASUS boards that look like they might be supported actually work with it.
    For example, the ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING (and also B550-E) are supported, but my ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING doesn't work as it apparently does *not* have that "PNP0C09" Embedded Controller chip at all, despite being from the same ASUS board series (luckily it works fine with the nct6775 driver, though some voltage readings are wrong because their scaling isn't standardidzed, i.e. wildly different between different boards).

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    The goal should be to give these hardware developers the newest hardware so they can then in turn support the hardware

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    It doesn't matter if it's old or new... What matters is a programmer with knowledge and time gets the hardware and starts to support it..
    I'm sure certain manufacturers are easier to work with compared to others

Leave a comment:

• guglovich
    replied
    Sometimes I don't know whether Linux supports new or old hardware better. It's all very different somehow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X