Lenovo To Support Configuring ThinkPad BIOS From Within Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by microcode View Post

You would be wrong the majority of the time, if you made that guess.
    AFAIK arm originated in UK. But the majority of phone arm processors might be produced in china .

e.g.

I know that Apples stuff is produced by TSMC and Samsung? So yes you are right not all is manufactured in china.

Comment

I love this idea. What could possibly go wrong?

😆😆😆

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        I'll happily buy more Chinese products if it will hasten the decline of the Anglo-Saxon economy.

My data is much safer in Chinese hands than in Western hands.
        😂. This is brilliant.

When faced with Quaridelirium's white supremacist ramblings, this is the only logical response.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
          Huawei refused to surrender the keys of their devices to the US government. After that they where accused of espionage without proof, only with the sole reason that if their devices are not open to the US government then something is hidden. That is the US law from a point and then. If it where not for a certain eastern terrorist religion, i would say that US is the bottom of humanity.
          Lol, you think Christianity isn't a terrorist religion either? All religions are equally delusional, and all religious people are equally mentally insane.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Lol, you think Christianity isn't a terrorist religion either? All religions are equally delusional, and all religious people are equally mentally insane.
            Not all religions of today rape and kill by religion tho.

Comment

Many reports of Lenovo's firmware updates bricking the thinkpads or causing other problems. Fortunately for me the update to 1.32 has never succeeded, otherwise I might have had my laptop made unusable. Now it appears that the update has been withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by board View Post

I think you're twisting the facts here a bit. The US, and any country for that matter, doesn't like having its critical infrastructure (5G, telephony) infiltrated by hostile foreign powers such as the Chinese government. It also doesn't like bugs equipped with microphones, cameras and modems being distributed among its own citizens, devices that it has absolutely no control over. That's an obvious security threat. You've discarded all these concerns to bash the US for making moves that protect its national security.

Do you mean Communism? You know, because its religious devotees are always committing genocide.
                US is trashy country with no respect to peoples freedoms. They will kick you out if you don' accept their backdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

AFAIK arm originated in UK. But the majority of phone arm processors might be produced in china .

e.g.

I know that Apples stuff is produced by TSMC and Samsung? So yes you are right not all is manufactured in china.
                  Samsung and TSMC manufacture the majority of smartphone SoCs.

Comment

Working...
                  X