Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libreboot Sees First New Release In Nearly 5 Years, Supports More Old Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libreboot Sees First New Release In Nearly 5 Years, Supports More Old Motherboards

Phoronix: Libreboot Sees First New Release In Nearly 5 Years, Supports More Old Motherboards

Libreboot as the Coreboot downstream focused on providing a fully open-source BIOS/firmware replacement without any black boxes / binary blobs is out with a new release. The prior tagged release of Libreboot was all the way back in 2016 while has now been succeeded by a new release albeit in testing form...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice time to open that T400 back up and put a quad core chip inside it. This was a much needed update. Thanks a lot Leah, all the power to you!

Comment

The FAQ says AMD is i"ncompetent and uncooperative". Then they trashed Intel. Do they get along with any one? I guess this project is over.

Comment

You thought vendors were cooperative and competent? Have you seen any of the common implementations…
        The project just had a release.

Comment

I still use Libreboot on the C201 chromebook. Not much difference from the stock firmware there except for not having to press ^D or ^U to boot, and the lack of a blinding developer mode warning.

Comment

isn't libreboot just coreboot with some features removed and extra pedophile apologism added?

Comment

Originally posted by hotaru View Post
              isn't libreboot just coreboot with some features removed and extra pedophile apologism added?
              That's a low blow...

Comment

We need free software on all level of the stack, and especially the very low one. This project is much needed, too bad it doesn't get that much attention. Kudos to the devs anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X