X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max0x7ba
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    The plain kernel it87 module will only display some of the sensors. You need to use the out of tree module (no longer maintained). It should work with that board. Of course, you would still need to figure out the correct labels of the sensors.
    That's not what I need.

I need this functionality to work out of the box, like hwinfo64 does on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by max0x7ba View Post
    Today, it87 with any module parameters still shows only 3 out of 6 fans and and 3 out of 6 temperature sensors on Gigabyte X570 Master.
    The plain kernel it87 module will only display some of the sensors. You need to use the out of tree module (no longer maintained). It should work with that board. Of course, you would still need to figure out the correct labels of the sensors.
    Contribute to hannesha/it87 development by creating an account on GitHub.

Leave a comment:

• max0x7ba
    replied
    Today, it87 with any module parameters still shows only 3 out of 6 fans and and 3 out of 6 temperature sensors on Gigabyte X570 Master.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    I view it the same as what you have to do with the standard nct6775 driver, you have to use the acpi_enforce_resources=lax kernel command to get it to work on Intel cpus.

You get a warning too but everyone does it anyway. Ignore it and get at least some of the sensor readings. Or don't use it as recommended by the warning and get nothing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Keith Myers View Post
    Try loading the driver with this module parameter.
    Code:
    sudo modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1 mmio=1
    That should get around the ACPI conflict warnings.
    IIRC the kernel developers don't recommend that - they had a good reason but I forgot what it was.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    Originally posted by mazumoto View Post
    I'd really wish that there was at least a single motherboard vendor that would support linux at least somewhat. Supporting coreboot (as I believe that'd solve such problems) would be even greater and pretty much an insta-buy from me.
    Have you considered adding the zenpower driver to your kernel? That would get you voltages, currents and power. Added to your Gigabyte WMI driver for your fan readouts, you would almost duplicate what's available in Windows.
    Zenpower is Linux kernel driver for reading temperature, voltage(SVI2), current(SVI2) and power(SVI2) for AMD Zen family CPUs. - ocerman/zenpower

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    This is what the asus-wmi-sensors can report on ASUS motherboards with the WMI interface in the BIOS.

Code:
    asuswmisensors-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    CPU Core Voltage: 1.25 V
    CPU SOC Voltage: 1.08 V
    DRAM Voltage: 1.42 V
    VDDP Voltage: 501.00 mV
    1.8V PLL Voltage: 1.83 V
    +12V Voltage: 11.39 V
    +5V Voltage: 4.61 V
    3VSB Voltage: 3.33 V
    VBAT Voltage: 3.21 V
    AVCC3 Voltage: 3.33 V
    SB 1.05V Voltage: 1.08 V
    CPU Core Voltage: 1.27 V
    CPU SOC Voltage: 1.09 V
    DRAM Voltage: 1.47 V
    CPU Fan: 1901 RPM
    Chassis Fan 1: 0 RPM
    Chassis Fan 2: 0 RPM
    Chassis Fan 3: 0 RPM
    HAMP Fan: 0 RPM
    Water Pump: 0 RPM
    CPU OPT: 0 RPM
    Water Flow: 0 RPM
    AIO Pump: 0 RPM
    CPU Temperature: +70.0°C
    CPU Socket Temperature: +44.0°C
    Motherboard Temperature: +29.0°C
    Chipset Temperature: +44.0°C
    Tsensor 1 Temperature: +216.0°C
    CPU VRM Temperature: +47.0°C
    Water In: +216.0°C
    Water Out: +30.0°C
    CPU VRM Output Current: 112.00 A
    If you have one of the boards mentioned in the readme, you too can have Windows equivalent sensors reporting.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
    Keith Myers are you using an out-of-tree it87 driver? modinfo shows that mine doesn't have these options.
    I used to use an it87 driver by Guenter Roeck. Dropped it when the better asus-wmi-sensors became available. Those parameters were available until he pulled the driver from github.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Picks up my B550M now. Patched linux-ck 5.11.11-3.

Code:
    [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]gigabyte_wmi-virtual-0 [/COLOR]
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:        +39.0°C  
    temp2:        +39.0°C  
    temp3:        +48.0°C  
    temp4:        +24.0°C  
    temp5:        +38.0°C  
    temp6:        +45.0°C  

acpitz-acpi-0
    Adapter: ACPI interface
    temp1:        +16.8°C  (crit = +20.8°C)

amdgpu-pci-0100
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    vddgfx:        1.12 V  
    fan1:         697 RPM  (min =    0 RPM, max = 4500 RPM)
    edge:         +54.0°C  (crit = +94.0°C, hyst = -273.1°C)
    power1:       20.02 W  (cap = 135.00 W)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    Tctl:         +48.6°C  
    Tdie:         +48.6°C[/FONT]
    Had a long day yesterday and I'm so exhausted that this morning I patched the kernel, built it, and rebooted into my system where I realized it wasn't working because I forgot to set the kernel config
    Last edited by skeevy420; 07 April 2021, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mazumoto
    replied
    Well, this is great to hear, albeit it's really sad that none of the big do-it-yourself motherboard vendors is supporting linux.
    When I built a new Ryzen 3000 system a year and a half ago, I wasn't aware of these issues and I decided to use an Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (mainly because there were fitting water cooling options for the chipset available). The problems with sensors, leds and the acpi warnings made me regret that decision - I even wrote a support ticket pleading them to release the spec sheets to the linux developers - of course to no avail.
    Unfortunately it seems that the WMI driver is not a full solution - but something is better than nothing.

I'd really wish that there was at least a single motherboard vendor that would support linux at least somewhat. Supporting coreboot (as I believe that'd solve such problems) would be even greater and pretty much an insta-buy from me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X