Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboards + Beer: Virtual Event Addressing Coreboot / Open-Source Firmware Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboards + Beer: Virtual Event Addressing Coreboot / Open-Source Firmware Prospects

Phoronix: Motherboards + Beer: Virtual Event Addressing Coreboot / Open-Source Firmware Prospects

Consulting firm 3mdeb that specializes in embedded systems with an emphasis on open-source firmware solutions like Coreboot is hosting an interesting virtual event later today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Motherboards + Beer, Michael you are living the dream.

Comment

Nice Beer from Bamberg. Afaik this City has the highes brewery density in germany. A lot of old "micro"breweries. Batches are usually too small to cover export ambition's.
      Last edited by CochainComplex; 18 February 2021, 03:56 AM.

Comment

The good times when Michael used to drink beer and go to conferences...

Comment

Nice collection of motherboard. Those german beer are looking pretty appealing too

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
            Nice Beer from Bamberg. Afaik this City has the highes brewery density in germany. A lot of old "micro"breweries. Batches are usually too small to cover export ambition's.
            Schlenkerla is fairly easily available at specialty beer shops in the US... Though usually very costly at about $6 USD for 0,5L.

I like it but not a favorite, I just happened to get it by chance as the beers I ordered from a store some of them were out of stock so this batch they replaced the missing ones with some Schlenkerla, but I've had it before and it's nice but Rauchbier isn't a favorite.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

On motherboards: If some vendor made motherboards with coreboot, I'd buy and recommend these.

For some reason, ALL of them insist on proprietary fw. It's as if they hate money. Sure they are aware of the influence of developers and power users, who care about these things?

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                It's as if they hate money.
                I'm right there with you. Pretty sure they love money, but apparently most money comes indirectly from OS (MSFT)/software vendors and hardware and systems manufacturers. Meaning if those companies cut a mobo manufacturer off....

Comment

"If you can't do a job one-handed, it's not worth doing!"

Me, with beer in hand.
                  Hi

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                    On motherboards: If some vendor made motherboards with coreboot, I'd buy and recommend these.

For some reason, ALL of them insist on proprietary fw. It's as if they hate money. Sure they are aware of the influence of developers and power users, who care about these things?
                    IIRC all Chromebooks come with Coreboot pre-installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X