Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Announces Kestrel Open-Source, Open HDL/Firmware Soft BMC

Phoronix: Raptor Announces Kestrel Open-Source, Open HDL/Firmware Soft BMC

Raptor Engineering known for their work on open-source POWER9 systems has announced Kestrel, an open-source baseboard management controller (BMC) design that is open down to the HDL design and firmware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it mean that I won't have to wait 10 minutes to boot anymore?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Nice! POWER looks really attractive for those who can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        Nice! POWER looks really attractive for those who can afford it.
        Agreed! The Blackbird is right at the edge of what I can afford, and at that price point I'd want a system that is capable of being my main PC. I'm not yet convinced that the software ecosystem is ready for that as yet.

Comment

I lost interest in IBM...

Through a rigorous RFP process, the Government of Canada has awarded a contract to IBM Canada to support the Government on the development, design, and implementation of the buy-back program for recently prohibited firearms. The program will focus on ensuring it offers fair compensation to affected owners and businesses while at the same time making sure program implementation and management costs are well-priced and sustainable.

In conjunction with the prohibition of over 1,500 assault-style firearms introduced on May 1, 2020, the Government announced its intention to bring forward a buy-back program as soon as possible.

Further information on the design of the buy-back program and any potential compensation for affected firearms will be provided once it is available.
          Department of Public Safety, Response to TheGunBlog.ca, 30 December 2020

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
            [INDENT]I lost interest in IBM...
            ""The plan was enacted over the weekend... Only you never saw it.
            Biden, his cabinet, and tons of both Dem and Republican senators and other officials were arrested. Proof of their vast crimes was shown. They were court martialed and found guilty.
            However, it was decided this was too much for the American people to accept. Overturning the election and showing the crimes of these politicians could lead to Civil War.
            So an agreement was reached: Biden and other deep state elements will be allowed to move freely and serve their terms. President Trump would "concede" and leave office. But this is all for appearances.
            Behind the scenes, Donald. Trump is still President. This plan, known as Shadowprez, was seen as a last resort. But it worked.
            Anything that happens in the next 4 years is actually President Trumps doing""

nothing is like it looks like...
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

""The plan was enacted over the weekend... Only you never saw it. Biden...
              I am Canadian and this gun grab happened before Biden was elected. PM Justin Trudeau passed the bill while parliament was shut down due to COVID without an official opposition party not that matters the conservatives are a useless opposition party. I am not a gun owner but I simply do not trust what is being done here for good reasons. I am disappointed in IBM's decision to take this contract. It is what it is. I was considering buying into their platform but now I will look for greener grass...

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
                I am Canadian and this gun grab happened before Biden was elected. PM Justin Trudeau passed the bill while parliament was shut down due to COVID without an official opposition party not that matters the conservatives are a useless opposition party. I am not a gun owner but I simply do not trust what is being done here for good reasons. I am disappointed in IBM's decision to take this contract. It is what it is. I was considering buying into their platform but now I will look for greener grass...
                i am on your side i am pro gun to. but as a computer company you have to earn money!!!...

you have to open your mind... imagine another company just tage the contract the result is IBM does make less money and they are still the opensource king with doing opensource cpu ISA and supporting linux.

also imagine this: if you are pro gun and you have this contract you can do a lot of good if you just abuse your position and manipulate the database to protect patriots and their guns.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

""The plan was enacted over the weekend... Only you never saw it.
                  Biden, his cabinet, and tons of both Dem and Republican senators and other officials were arrested. Proof of their vast crimes was shown. They were court martialed and found guilty.
                  However, it was decided this was too much for the American people to accept. Overturning the election and showing the crimes of these politicians could lead to Civil War.
                  So an agreement was reached: Biden and other deep state elements will be allowed to move freely and serve their terms. President Trump would "concede" and leave office. But this is all for appearances.
                  Behind the scenes, Donald. Trump is still President. This plan, known as Shadowprez, was seen as a last resort. But it worked.
                  Anything that happens in the next 4 years is actually President Trumps doing""

nothing is like it looks like...
                  Hope you are joking otherwise it is exactly as it looks -- you are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Bob View Post

Hope you are joking otherwise it is exactly as it looks -- you are insane.
                    He isn't joking... :-|

"The covid-19 was not a virus it as G5 microwave as a weapon and satellite microwave weapons who hited china because they rejected FED Fiat money."
                    -- Qaridarium. https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...72#post1172772

Comment

Working...
                    X