Benchmarking The Raspberry Pi 400 - A Raspberry Pi Keyboard Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

AFIK, the RPi4 have support for OS installs on USB-3 storage for some time now. It is not M.2 nor internal solution, but for such low end hardware, the speeds available now are decent.
    What phoronix benchmark page are you referring to ?

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

What phoronix benchmark page are you referring to ?
      None. I was just telling him that a better option than SD storage is available on the RPi 4.

Comment

None. I was just telling him that a better option than SD storage is available on the RPi 4.
        Not that helpful for me last time I tried. /boot on mSD, /root on SSD connected to USB3. Maybe others have good experience with USB3 on RPi4?

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

Not that helpful for me last time I tried. /boot on mSD, /root on SSD connected to USB3. Maybe others have good experience with USB3 on RPi4?
          I Don't have a RPi 4 myself, just saw in some places it is now a available option. May require a firmware upgrade, not sure. On YT there is lots of videos talking about it. May be on official forums too.

Comment

Good idea and beautiful design. But like somebody said, I prefer RPi behind/below monitor, and use wireless keyboard + mouse. That much cables is too messy.

Comment

I Don't have a RPi 4 myself, just saw in some places it is now a available option. May require a firmware upgrade, not sure. On YT there is lots of videos talking about it. May be on official forums too.
              Yep, There's two way to use SSD in RPi4.
              1. put /boot on mSD, /root on SSD. and you're done.
              2. upgrade firmware to enable boot from SSD or network.
              Tried those 2. Point #1 faster. Point #2 quite slow as the pi must check where's the boot file is (mSD or USB3 or network)

Comment

t.s., why would the boot process be slow? Can you not disable all other boot options otjer than the one you're using to speed up the process? It's how I do my x64 machines. Power on, bang! Desktop
                Hi

Comment

Working...
                X