Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Phoronix: Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Complementing the ARM(64) architecture changes for Linux 5.10 are now the SoC and board updates that are quite interesting this round...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Small correction: The Linux kernel has long had support for the ARM926EJ-S core. What's new is support for the Hisilicon SD5203 SoC which uses this core.

Comment

I am waiting for the nanopi R2S support..

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, the HiSilicon SD5203 is used in the Huawei MA5675M router. I'm surprised because I wasn't aware that HiSilicon releases any info on its processors, but maybe low-powered chips for routers are different.

I'm pretty sure that all the new Librem 5 stuff in Linux 5.10, Purism has already added to their current Linux 5.7 kernel for the Librem 5, but cool to see it making it to mainline so quickly. I preordered the Librem 5 to support Purism's software development.

Is the extra nVidia Tegra support due to nVidia's recent documentation dump?

Comment

At around roughly the same time Nvidia registered a FCC id for an SXM-2 module with the not that much self explaining code sequence PG209.

Comment

Working...
          X