Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Phoronix: Linux 5.10 Has Initial Support For NVIDIA Orin, DeviceTree For Purism's Librem 5

Complementing the ARM(64) architecture changes for Linux 5.10 are now the SoC and board updates that are quite interesting this round...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-ARM-Platform

Small correction: The Linux kernel has long had support for the ARM926EJ-S core. What's new is support for the Hisilicon SD5203 SoC which uses this core.

Comment

I am waiting for the nanopi R2S support..

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, the HiSilicon SD5203 is used in the Huawei MA5675M router. I'm surprised because I wasn't aware that HiSilicon releases any info on its processors, but maybe low-powered chips for routers are different.

I'm pretty sure that all the new Librem 5 stuff in Linux 5.10, Purism has already added to their current Linux 5.7 kernel for the Librem 5, but cool to see it making it to mainline so quickly. I preordered the Librem 5 to support Purism's software development.

Is the extra nVidia Tegra support due to nVidia's recent documentation dump?

Comment

Working...
        X