Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G Is A Great Intel Workstation Motherboard For Linux/BSD Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G Is A Great Intel Workstation Motherboard For Linux/BSD Systems

Phoronix: Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G Is A Great Intel Workstation Motherboard For Linux/BSD Systems

For those building an Intel Core X-series system, the Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G is the board we have been relying upon for our Cascadelake-X testing over the past two months and it has continued working out phenomenally for being a feature-rich platform while playing nicely with the various Linux distributions and BSDs tested.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel sorry for all the motherboard engineers wasting their time on a platform which is just not competitive anymore.

Comment

Intel? Thanks, but no

Comment

$599? No thanks.

Comment

Why would you build an Intel workstation in 2020? It does not make any sense.

Comment

I would say the "Great Intel Workstation" is quite debatable currently...

Comment

Well, one has to obtain his funds by more conventional means if everyone is using ad blockers, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ypnos View Post
                Why would you build an Intel workstation in 2020? It does not make any sense.
                Personally I'd probably go with AMD, but we're just nerd who lust for the last tech, in workplace what matters are certifications, compatibility and support. And intel have them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post
                  Personally I'd probably go with AMD, but we're just nerd who lust for the last tech, in workplace what matters are certifications, compatibility and support. And intel have them all.
                  Are you aware that there are Threadripper workstation boards with the same certifications, compatibility and support?

The only reason to buy Intel at this point is brand recognition (i.e. "nobody got fired for buying IBM, right? 'AIGHT? ")

Comment

"Workstation"...

*looks at website*
                    Yeah, where's my ECC? :<

The font in the bridge sink doesn't look that serious...
                    Hey, at least they didn't mention gaming, so that's a good sign.

"Overclocking"... "XMP"... OK, that convinces me less... Why would I want to overclock a workstation?

"giving you absolute mastery over your PC.". What "PC"! This is not a PC, it's a workstation!

"RGB Fusion 2.0" ....
                    Who in the world would want that in a workstation?! Anybody would think "is this a joke?" Come on, make me look serious!

"Recreates an authentic, spatially accurate 3D audio experience for gaming"- Enough of this! I always knew from the beginning this wasn't a workstation motherboard at all!!

Comment

Working...
                    X