Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux and P5W DH deluxe

Hello,

Have you already installed Linux on your PC that has a P5W DH Deluxe Mobo?
    If yes, any issues concerning this?

Is Linux installed on IDE ou SATA drives?

thanks

I don't think I've tried out the P5W DH Deluxe yet, but other similar models. I was able to get Fedora Core 6 up and running on SATA drives.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I don't think I've tried out the P5W DH Deluxe yet, but other similar models. I was able to get Fedora Core 6 up and running on SATA drives.
      Michael, do you mean a SATA CDROM drive as well as a SATA hard drive? Or did you use a IDE CDROM drive? Is the ICH8 southbridge and the Jmicron chip supported yet in recent linux kernels?

Comment

I have used systems with SATA DVD-ROM and SATA HDD as well as systems with IDE DVD-ROM and SATA HDD. At last attempt I still ran into issues with the JMicron controller, but I am going to give it another shot again in a few days.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have got linux on this

Hi everyone,

I have Kubuntu 7.04 (feisty) running on this MOBO (the P5W DH), and you are quite correct there is a issue with the Jmicron chipset it is something to do with how they have configured it on the board, somone was explaining that if you plug in a SATA drive then it will run linux, sorry i dont know enough about this hardware to go in to detail.

But all I did was disable the RAID (jmicron chip) in the bios and it works like a dream, obviously I have sacrificed RAID. ALso I quite liked the IR Remote but this also is not entirly supported.

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X