• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by abott View Post

Many windows users disagree with that.
    Ok but related to the AM4 desktop chipset in this issue I've had 0 playback and recording problems on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• abott
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

The chips work just fine, they work in Windows. It's just the linux driver.
    Many windows users disagree with that.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Haxk20 View Post

I have the same issue. (Acer nitro 5 AN515-42). I will report the bug as i use 5.3rc4 and its still an issue. Even tho for me the issue happens only sometimes but its still there.
    There was an additional pci id added for 5.3-rc5 that I think comes from Ryzen APU systems... https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...b1f6f5277d9373

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Who can sell chips that don't even work? AMD looks even worse not making sure it works and fixing it.
    The chips work just fine, they work in Windows. It's just the linux driver.

Leave a comment:

• xen0n
    replied
    Originally posted by ryad View Post
    Damn, I thought it's just a bad onboard audio all along. I bought a decent sound card to get rid of the poor microphone quality and now this...
    At least you continue to enjoy the decent sound quality compared to on-board audio... Maybe lower latencies as well!

Leave a comment:

• Baguy
    replied
    Originally posted by soulsource View Post
    The patch also applies on 4.19... I'm tempted to give it a try.

Edit: Yep, seems to work fine. I'm no longer sounding like Darth Vader in Discord.
    The issue now is that discord likes to make your system audio output sound like Darth Vader.

Leave a comment:

• guglovich
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

You can do "lspci -nn" . I would guess that would already be covered by older workarounds...
    There is no sound card. But it does not change anything. For my Arch, I kind of found a fix. But I do not have friends in Discord check.

Leave a comment:

• Haxk20
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I tried it but it didn't solve the problem of crackling playback using wired headset.
    I always crackles in wired headphones even if i don't playback any sound at all.
    I have the same issue. (Acer nitro 5 AN515-42). I will report the bug as i use 5.3rc4 and its still an issue. Even tho for me the issue happens only sometimes but its still there.

Leave a comment:

• Aeder
    replied
    Who can sell chips that don't even work? AMD looks even worse not making sure it works and fixing it.
    AMD is just using Realtek's chips. there's nothing they can do about this. Realtek would need to publish the documentation for the kernel devs to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• ryad
    replied
    Damn, I thought it's just a bad onboard audio all along. I bought a decent sound card to get rid of the poor microphone quality and now this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X