Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haxk20
    replied
    Will make a bug report with all the info really quick.
    Scratch the stuff about power outlet. Try to reboot without AC power to the laptop. I did and launched discord the crackling was sadly there. Was so happy that you found out what it was but well it isnt it sadly.
    BTW here is bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204677
    Last edited by Haxk20; 23 August 2019, 06:12 PM. Reason: Added bug report.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I got crackling audio playback on my ryzen 2500u laptop [1022:15e3] when i use a wired headset, it really bugs me a lot.
    I tried many "solutions" i found while searching for a solution but nothing solved it for me.
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I tried it but it didn't solve the problem of crackling playback using wired headset.
    I always crackles in wired headphones even if i don't playback any sound at all.
    Originally posted by Haxk20 View Post

I have the same issue. (Acer nitro 5 AN515-42). I will report the bug as i use 5.3rc4 and its still an issue. Even tho for me the issue happens only sometimes but its still there.
    I had some time to investigate whats going on and i did find the cause but it wasn't what i thought.
    It was interference from the power outlet caused by apower strip (multi-socket), if i remove the power strip everything is as it should.
    If you pull the net adapter from the laptop does the crackling sound disappear?
    I'm buying a filter that i can use when i am on the go.

Leave a comment:

• wyatt8740
    replied
    How do people even begin to diagnose Linux audio bugs?
    My Audigy 2 (yeah I know it's old) plays audio flawlessly until the moment I run Audacity. Then I get the strangest distortion I've ever heard until I reboot. I don't run PulseAudio, nor do I use JACK. My card's old enough that I can't really depend on someone else figuring it out like what happened with the realtek/AMD systems here. Especially since the number of people with conventional PCI slots is dwindling.
    Last edited by wyatt8740; 19 August 2019, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nero98
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Installing the kernel from here is the easiest way I think: https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-pp...line/v5.3-rc4/

Download and "sudo apt install ./Downloads/linux-modules... ./Downloads/linux-image..."

But then you should update it yourself every now and then of course...
    Thanks does the RC4 include this fix or should i wait ?

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by nero98 View Post
    How to use this patch on Ubuntu 19.04 ? sorry i am still new to Linux
    Installing the kernel from here is the easiest way I think: https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-pp...line/v5.3-rc4/

Download and "sudo apt install ./Downloads/linux-modules... ./Downloads/linux-image..."

But then you should update it yourself every now and then of course...

Leave a comment:

• nero98
    replied
    How to use this patch on Ubuntu 19.04 ? sorry i am still new to Linux

Leave a comment:

• Haxk20
    replied

There was an additional pci id added for 5.3-rc5 that I think comes from Ryzen APU systems... https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...b1f6f5277d9373
    This ID comes from the new X570 motherboards. Even the commit message says it.

Leave a comment:

• dragon321
    replied
    Yeah, I can confirm this fix crackling for me. Audio input now works like in Windows. I know this is isn't proper fix but better have workaround than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• abott
    replied

The chips work just fine, they work in Windows. It's just the linux driver.
    Which makes AMD look bad because AMD has issues where it doesn't work properly. It's their, and realtek's problem.

Leave a comment:

• abott
    replied

Ok but related to the AM4 desktop chipset in this issue I've had 0 playback and recording problems on Windows.
    You're not everyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X