X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guglovich
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

How old? If it's a slightly different chip perhaps it should be listed to have the fix also, check with:

alsa-info --stdout | grep -A 20 "PCI Vendor"
    Asus A88X-Pro + Kaveri 7850K, sound Realtek 1150. In the list of problematic ones is ALC883.
    I do not have a package for this command.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    I got crackling audio playback on my ryzen 2500u laptop [1022:15e3] when i use a wired headset, it really bugs me a lot.
    I tried many "solutions" i found while searching for a solution but nothing solved it for me.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by guglovich View Post
    I have the same thing on an old motherboard. Realtek 1150 + AMD
    How old? If it's a slightly different chip perhaps it should be listed to have the fix also, check with:

alsa-info --stdout | grep -A 20 "PCI Vendor"

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Thanks for your time. Did many people complained-about/investigated it? I wanted to, but it wasn't a big priority for me and is still on my TODO list.
    57 users on cc: and 255 comments: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195303 I tried to push it forward a bit among other people!

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by soulsource View Post
    The patch also applies on 4.19... I'm tempted to give it a try.

Edit: Yep, seems to work fine. I'm no longer sounding like Darth Vader in Discord.
    You say that like it's a good thing

For me it would be this:

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    it looks like my system is affected, but i never noticed it because proper way of connecting sound equipment is via usb
    I wouldn't consider that "proper". It's not necessarily worse, but SPDIF and HDMI are more what I'd call proper, due to lower latency and less CPU overhead.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    it looks like my system is affected, but i never noticed it because proper way of connecting sound equipment is via usb

Leave a comment:

• guglovich
    replied
    I have the same thing on an old motherboard. Realtek 1150 + AMD

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Does this mean I can lower the sample rate in my PulseAudio config files? Because that was the only way to eliminate crackling, and by cranking it up so high, just having Firefox run idly will make PA use 12% of my CPU.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Thanks for your time. Did many people complained-about/investigated it? I wanted to, but it wasn't a big priority for me and is still on my TODO list.

I don't usually capture audio on my AMD systems (desktop 1022:1457 / laptop 1002:15de), but when I do I had the same problem on both systems crackling and pinging sounds that got louder as captured audio got louder. I only "captured audio" for meetings, i don't have meetings very often and just used my USB-DAC for that. I have not noticed any problem with playback.

I ran various versions of Ubuntu and Fedora where the problem was present on 3 different microphones and 2 AMD systems. I did not experience any problems with those microphones/cables when using it with my USB-DAC on Linux. The onboard sound capture worked in Windows 10 (although don't know if Windows is using voodoo hax to remove noise, I've seen Windows audio do some odd things).

PS: Over a year ago I tried some pulse-audio modules just out of curiosity, but never got it to work they way i wanted.

pactl load-module module-echo-cancel
    pactl load-module module-echo-cancel aec_args="analog_gain_control=0 digital_gain_control=0"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X