Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by energyman View Post
    yeah, but you are blaming the wrong part. Gigabyte sold you crap,
    agreed, i think most of the problem was gigabyte. but amd having slow hard drive speeds and buggy usb support is all over the web. i feel like i would be taking another chance. and returning is not easy. newegg wants $15 to restock it (cant figure that out since its junk, should go back to gigabyte), and i would have to pay for shipping. (called newegg and they wavied all that for me). at the moment nvidia seems to have a better track record for stuff working the first time. but i will find out when it arrives.

matt

Comment

My GA-MA78HPM-DS2H works rock solid in windows but I've had problems whit linux stuff and such. Mainly my 4Gb or more memory issue I took up in a diffrent thread.

I gotta tell though I haven't had any USB problems whit my board whit my Ubuntu installations.

Comment

I have also GA-MA78GPM-DS2H and I have problems with USB, mainly with my two 8 Gb Kingston Data Travelers. Has anybody else noticed any problems?
        Problem is: If I move data to it it works littel while extremely slow until stops working and dmesg shows awfull data.

My kernel is 2.6.27.7-generic which comes with Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.
        dmesg http://pastebin.com/m10d2acb2
        verbosed lsusb marking of my kingston stick: http://pastebin.com/m166bcc48

Comment

Just got a clients Asrock A770DE system displaying the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Just got a clients Asrock A770DE system displaying the same issues.
            Same dmesg stuff that I get?

Comment

Originally posted by Xemanth View Post
              Same dmesg stuff that I get?
              Actually the USB is kicking out in windows on this system. I'll be slapping on a linux drive later this weekend.

Comment

just install a more recent kernel. Or look on lkml for the patch and apply it yourself. It is not THAT hard.

Comment

Working...
                X