• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
    Same crappy GPU?
    at least they have gpu, unlike competition

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
      They have sold over 14 000 000 raspberry pi units, as Liam Tung from znet.com reports. I think people are not unreasonable.
      people who bought 14m units are not unreasonable. people who are asking for desktop pc for $35 are unreasonable

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
        There are hundreds of SBC, many less expensive, that have much more functionality: SATA, full gigabit Ethernet with a separate PHY, more RAM, out-of-the-boc Linux distribution compatibility
        exactly zero hundreds. and zero of ones

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
          Well, I don't want a $35 RPi. I want a $60 one with good specs.
          people, who bought 19m rpis, do not care what you want
          Last edited by pal666; 14 March 2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

no gpu, no wifi, no bluetooth, no poe
            Originally posted by t.s. View Post
            They have their opensource video driver IIRC
            you have implanted memories

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Orange Pi charges 0 USD for R&D
              that's how you make computers without video drivers

Comment

Originally posted by rubdos View Post
                There's work on the way to free them up for the C2
                i hope it will be successful, but if you need your gpu working now, you don't have many choices

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  lol. on all fronts except no gpu at all and costs 30% more.
                  Mali-450 is no GPU?

And sure, it costs more. But if it had Raspberry Pi's sales volume, I'll bet they could have gotten it down a bit.

And don't forget, ODROID-C2 has 2 GB of DDR3. It's not like you're not getting plenty for the small difference you pay. Okay, no wireless, but IR, GigE, H.265 @ 4k/60, HDMI 2.0, USB OTG... And, let's not forget eMMC 5.0.
                  Last edited by coder; 14 March 2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Mali-450 is no GPU?
                    gpu without drivers is no gpu
                    And sure, it costs more. But if it had Raspberry Pi's sales volume, I'll bet they could have gotten it down a bit.
                    but i bet it would have rpi's sales volume if people would want to buy it(i.e. when it will stop being worse than rpi)
                    And don't forget, ODROID-C2 has 2 GB of DDR3. It's not like you're not getting plenty for the small difference you pay. Okay, no wireless, but IR, GigE, H.265 @ 4k/60, HDMI 2.0, USB OTG... And, let's not forget eMMC 5.0.
                    no wireless, no video, but 2gb. it seems 19m people do not need another gb for +30% cost

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      but i bet it would have rpi's sales volume if people would want to buy it(i.e. when it will stop being worse than rpi)
                      ... it seems 19m people do not need another gb for +30% cost
                      I was going to preempt you on that point. It was the obvious morsel you'd snatch.

You're too smart to believe the best product always dominates the market. Entire professions are devoted to upending such outcomes. And you, yourself, are a living testament to the irrationality of man.

But you're not here to exhort the truth. All affronts aside, lobbing these retorts is just an ego-boosting exercise, for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X