13-Way Radeon AMDGPU-PRO 17.50 vs. NVIDIA Linux OpenCL Compute Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13-Way Radeon AMDGPU-PRO 17.50 vs. NVIDIA Linux OpenCL Compute Comparison

Phoronix: 13-Way Radeon AMDGPU-PRO 17.50 vs. NVIDIA Linux OpenCL Compute Comparison

Given this week's release of the big AMDGPU-PRO 17.50 Linux driver update, here are some fresh OpenCL GPU benchmarks comparing the performance of AMD's latest Radeon graphics cards on this newest Linux driver to that of the latest NVIDIA GeForce GPUs on their respective newest driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It wasn't quite clear for me from the article, what OpenCL driver Vega was using? ROCm?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      With the cl-mem OpenCL memory benchmarks, the RX Vega GPUs with HBM2 memory are able to shine.
      Then why was R9 Fury winning in 2 of the 3 tests?

Comment

I'm slightly curious how the R9 290 would perform when comparing amdgpu-pro vs fglrx. I think that's the only GPU (that Michael owns) that's compatible with both drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
          It wasn't quite clear for me from the article, what OpenCL driver Vega was using? ROCm?
          Vega only supports ROCm.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Vega only supports ROCm.
            Thank you. That's how I remembered it, but I wasn't sure.

Comment

Performance per watt is probably valid also since the Vega cards can pull over 300W.

Comment

So apparently nvidia failed to send a Titan Vista sample. Too bad, it would be interesting to see how it compares.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  So apparently nvidia failed to send a Titan Vista sample. Too bad, it would be interesting to see how it compares.
                  Right, no Titan sample since the original :/
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    Performance per watt is probably valid also since the Vega cards can pull over 300W.
                    Usually the vega 64 is rated 295W, but can spike at 400W.

Comment

Working...
                    X