No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 387.34 vs. Linux 4.15 + Mesa 17.4-dev Radeon OpenGL/Vulkan Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very poor results. Why only 580 corresponds to its level (i.e. equal to 1060)? Why VEGA 64 is dragged behind the 1070/Ti?

What is the point to say:
    It's phenomenal seeing the open-source driver support one day-one... bla-bla-bla... This Vega launch is easily the most successful discrete GPU launch ever where it's backed by fully-open drivers.
    If it DOESN'T WORK AS IT SHOULD.

Since the release I was expecting big improvements. But in the end, only 580 shows his best side..

Comment

All those games are heavily profiled especially for Nvidia and the noise is there. If you try WineD3D11 you will understand that Nvidia is full of shit.

Comment

Michael can you please tell me how can i advance_search to find a hyperlink someone posted years ago in a discussion that i was participate? It was a database that compared Amd and Nvidia GPU 3D accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
          Very poor results. Why only 580 corresponds to its level (i.e. equal to 1060)? Why VEGA 64 is dragged behind the 1070/Ti?

What is the point to say:

If it DOESN'T WORK AS IT SHOULD.

Since the release I was expecting big improvements. But in the end, only 580 shows his best side..
          RADV is a community driver and it is impressive is this performant already with only a couple of devs working on it, if you want full drivers only either wait or use windows or find another way to positively contribute instead of simply being an ass

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
            In February it will two years since the vulkan spec was made public, but we are still playing catch up performance wise for AMD.

We need a performant Vulkan driver for AMD on Linux like we have on windows... Be that RadV or AMD's own driver.
            you have performant amd own vulkan driver on linux, it just wasn't tested in this article

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
              in the end, only 580 shows his best side
              do you understand that end for 580 is longer?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                you have performant amd own vulkan driver on linux, it just wasn't tested in this article
                Actually no. Amd's own Vulkan driver on Linux performs worse than it's Windows counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  if you want full drivers only either wait or use windows
                  why not wait on windows or use amd blob on linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                    Actually no. Amd's own Vulkan driver on Linux performs worse than it's Windows counterpart.
                    actually it is same driver, linux games perform worse than windows conterparts

Comment

Originally posted by pq1930562 View Post
                      Are you being paid to find every single spelling error in every single Phoronix article? Or you have no other things to do?
                      I am just a volunteer. Michael, when will the ignore list be fixed?

Comment

Working...
                      X