No announcement yet.

Running Radeon RX Vega On Linux 4.15, NVIDIA/Radeon Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know a easy tutorial to follow to build the kernel 4.15 on Fedora 27 ?

Comment

So yesterday we get an article of Nvidia's driver not working yet with 4.15 (as usual) and today the same driver is working?

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel (specifically the Vanilla section, using "git checkout master" to get the current dev version)

Comment

Edit: Wrong post
          Last edited by chimpy; 22 November 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
            Serious Sam Fusion 2017 now has DX12 and it works much better than with Vulkan..
            I've only seen one benchmark and it's only 5~ percent faster.

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel (specifically the Vanilla section, using "git checkout master" to get the current dev version)
              I finally managed to install the .fc28 4.15.0 kernel from Koji, which works fine.

Unfortunately amdgpu DC doesn't work at all on my card (R9 380X), the screen doesn't light up... I will still have to wait for HDMI audio... 2 years I'm waiting...

edit: OK in fact it's that amdgpu isn't compatible with Dell monitors.
              Last edited by whitecat; 22 November 2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

This is terrible, now I want to drop 700 on a Vega 64 when I already have a RX 480.

Well played AMD. Ill see your super FPS GPU soon.

Comment

I am looking forward to future performance enhancements for my vega 64

Comment

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/...fo?packageID=8
                    or
                    dnf --releasever rawhide install kernel --best --allowerasing
                    Last edited by pal666; 22 November 2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

edit: OK in fact it's that amdgpu isn't compatible with Dell monitors.
                      What? No, it's not incompatible. If it's a specific combination of hardware that isn't working, you should make a bug report to their amdgpu bug tracker. My U2713HM works just fine on amdgpu with DC (Though with an RX Vega card). And that's *with* HDMI audio working.

Comment

Working...
                      X