Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is monero mining on the GPU less demanding than mining Ether??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is monero mining on the GPU less demanding than mining Ether??

I've been mining with my ryzen cpu for some time, and today I needed to stack some more coins in order to withdraw from nanopool, so I decided to give claymore crypnote miner a shot, and to my surprise, temperatures are 8 to 10 degrees celsius cooler than mining ethereum?? Could this be correct. Has anyone noticed the same ? That surely means something to me with temperatures going up here on the southern hemisphere, as we reach summer, makes me consider mining monero on the gpu seriously; besides the difference of profit on monero vs ethereum is negligible.
    I'm also considering buying a really cheap mining rig with either two 7850 or 7870 (2gb each) because the difference of price is substantial, ethereum capable cards must be hawai or polaris as I understand and have more than 3gb. I expect to reach 300-400 h/s each card to top up 800h/s more or less. As those cards are less than ideal for mining ethereum some people don't even consider them, that's why I think they are so cheap. What do you think? Has anyone here in the forum experienced with mining monero on the gpu??
    thanks for the answers.
    Last edited by Kayote; 19 November 2017, 11:54 PM.

answering to myself!! yes it is less demanding. Monero is more memory intensive while ethereum stresses more the processing unit.

Comment

Working...
    X