Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RADV vs. NVIDIA Vulkan Performance For F1 2017 On Linux

Phoronix: Radeon RADV vs. NVIDIA Vulkan Performance For F1 2017 On Linux

For those anxious to see how Radeon graphics cards are performing with Feral's latest Linux game port, F1 2017, here are some preliminary benchmarks of Radeon GPUs with the AMDGPU+RADV driver compared to various NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oooooo, shiny!

Comment

Have just purchased this from the Feral website and shall enjoy it on my RX480 over the weekend on the ever-so-lovely open-source driver. We've come a long way.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Core i7 8800K Coffee Lake system

Comment

Interesting how there seems to be a bottleneck for the 1080p low settings. I'll be curious to see if the amdgpu-pro drivers have the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Radeon RADV vs. NVIDIA Vulkan Performance For F1 2017 On Linux

For those anxious to see how Radeon graphics cards are performing with Feral's latest Linux game port, F1 2017, here are some preliminary benchmarks of Radeon GPUs with the AMDGPU+RADV driver compared to various NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards on Ubuntu Linux.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25462
            Who gives a crap about marginally better performance on NVidia when AMD is 10x more favorable toward Linux and open-source support. Intel + AMD all the way!

Comment

just saying, an RX 580 beated at 1080p and 4k ultra an GTX1060 using a community backed driver. I would call that PRETTY DAMN F*** GOOD if you ask me.

I do expect an army of nVidia fanboys to hijack this thread tho(and soon) saying the game is trash and thats why the nVidia driver is not universally faster, bla bla bla but either way RADV pretty damn good job and congratulations, same to FERAL team, you rock

Comment

AMD fanboys don't do something stupid, after all it's just a benchmark, let's hope in the future AMD will beat Nvidia.

Comment

As an owner of both an RX Vega 64 (currently sitting in my Win10 box) and a HD7970 in my FX-8350 Solus box, all I can say is that proper RADV support for SI (GCN 1.0) running on the amdgpu kernel driver can't come soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post

Who gives a crap about marginally better performance on NVidia when AMD is 10x more favorable toward Linux and open-source support. Intel + AMD all the way!
                    Marginally better = AMD can only beat the 1060 with AA on. Truly wonderful the mind of a fanboy is

Comment

Working...
                    X