NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, Shipping In Early November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, Shipping In Early November

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, Shipping In Early November

Today's GeForce GTX 1070 Ti announcement is hardly a surprise given all the recent leaks about this new card, but NVIDIA announced it today and will be shipping in early November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wth, they doubled the memory bus width? I missed that, that's bigger than adding ~25% more shaders.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Wth, they doubled the memory bus width? I missed that, that's bigger than adding ~25% more shaders.
      There's something seriously wrong with that slide because the 1070 also clearly has a 256 bit bus too (read any competent review from mid-2016 if you don't believe me). The memory bandwidth of the GTX-1070Ti is identical to the 1070. That means that if the bus width were to double while maintaining the exact same bandwidth, then there would be twice as many GDDR5 chips running at half the bandwidth on the new 1070Ti vs. the old 1070... that clearly isn't the case.

Comment

The Ti versions of cards are almost always the original versions. The first versions to ship (non-Ti) tend to be cut back.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

The Ti versions of cards are almost always the original versions. The first versions to ship (non-Ti) tend to be cut back.
          Wow that's a hilariously stupid propaganda video that looks like it was made the same fascists who put out North Korean propaganda.
          Funny how if literally every Nvidia product is a "failure" that they still manage to turn out superior results even without questionable financial deals to monopolize the console market and without a freebie x86 license.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Wow that's a hilariously stupid propaganda video that looks like it was made the same fascists who put out North Korean propaganda.
            Funny how if literally every Nvidia product is a "failure" that they still manage to turn out superior results even without questionable financial deals to monopolize the console market and without a freebie x86 license.
            You didn't even take the time to watch it, considering you replied to my post 3 minutes after I posted it.

Comment

You didn't even take the time to watch it, considering you replied to my post 3 minutes after I posted it.
              We all know the story by now: because chips aren't fully unlocked, Nvidia is somehow screwing their customers. No chance they unlock chips after the manufacturing matures enough to improve yields. No sir, not one chance.

PS It's old and tired.

Comment

Yeah, I also don't have to memorize Kim Jong Un speeches to know he's an idiot nutjob either.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Yeah, I also don't have to memorize Kim Jong Un speeches to know he's an idiot nutjob either.
                  Funny that you use words like "fascists" and then admit forming an opinion before (not) watching the video. That's actually what fascism is nowadays.

Comment

I think the typo is in the 1070 column - it says 128 bit for the current board but AFAIK it is actually 256 bit already.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X