Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
    Vega is an architecture, not a SKU.
    The architecture is GCN gen5. Vega is the name given to the flagship cards, like Fury. It's also the codename for the architecture, sure, but marketing names have always been generational, not architectural. I don't see the next release being RX Vega00, I see it being RX 600. Otherwise it would be madness to call an inevitable Oland refresh a "Vega". Then again, marketing names sometimes are insane...

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    There will be different Vega like there was different Polaris, the big one is Vega 10.
    Vega or Vega based hardware will most likely replace Polaris next year as mainstream.
    I think we will more Vega chip/cards then we saw Polaris.
    I doubt that. Next year Navi is getting released. I see that as the basis for RX 600, not Vega...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      I doubt that. Next year Navi is getting released. I see that as the basis for RX 600, not Vega...
      I think that is totally wrong expectations.
      There was some AMD slide in some presentation that showed polaris and vega market share that showed most polaris and only some vega at the top for 2017 and 2018 it was the other way around with most being vega.
      We do see here that there will also be Vega M and it to implies that Vega might be mainstream.
      With the best of luck we might see some Navi towards the end of 2018 but more likely we will see it for real in 2019.
      Navi won't be on the market at the time of the RX600 (or what it will be called, maybe Vega XX).
      Navi is said to be 7nm and that put it at a later time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        I think that is totally wrong expectations.
        There was some AMD slide in some presentation that showed polaris and vega market share that showed most polaris and only some vega at the top for 2017 and 2018 it was the other way around with most being vega.
        We do see here that there will also be Vega M and it to implies that Vega might be mainstream.
        With the best of luck we might see some Navi towards the end of 2018 but more likely we will see it for real in 2019.
        Navi won't be on the market at the time of the RX600 (or what it will be called, maybe Vega XX).
        Navi is said to be 7nm and that put it at a later time frame.
        No, the latest dates say that Navi is going to be released in August. I guess it could be that they would release flagships as Navi, though. But the marketing names would make so little sense...

Comment

Working...
        X