Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCm OpenCL Is Still Getting Ready To Rock For Vega

Phoronix: ROCm OpenCL Is Still Getting Ready To Rock For Vega

With the just-posted Radeon RX Vega 56 / 64 Linux review, there aren't any OpenCL benchmarks due to some issues encountered in the process. When the Vega OpenCL support is in better shape, results will be published. But for those anxious to see anyways what the current ROCm OpenCL performance looks like for Ethereum with Ethminer, here's a quick look...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Disappointing, but not sure why I expected better.

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post
      Disappointing, but not sure why I expected better.
      It's a WIP.

In the days ahead there will hopefully be a new ROCm release to straighten things out better for Vega. And as reported in our review, the 2MB page support should be very exciting for OpenCL performance.

Comment

When chould AMD get OpenCL 2.0 working on ROCm? I have been missing it since AMD moved from fglrx to AMDGPU

Comment

Ethereum seems to really benefit from large page support, more than i would have expected. It may be that we are not using all of the TLB pools correctly in current drivers.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X